Submit

Lady Zombie Robot

Swashbuckling Pirate

9,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:38 pm
Can anyone direct me to a thread on Why it sucks so much? If not I guess I started one. The voices in the English version are the most obnoxious thing I've ever heard. Who ever decided to cast who they did was prolly foreign and could barley speak english. stare The dialogue struggles too. Just what were they thinking putting this out...

Alexial's voice actor is the only one I heard that actually sounded decent.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:04 pm
We've all griped about the awfulness of the OAV in some shape or another in pretty much all of the Angel Sanctuary threads in this guild (and possibly in the manga forums as well)...

yeah...the terribleness of the OAV is pretty well-known.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Drag Hustler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:19 pm
That's the way it is in most anime that I've seen. I can pretty much only stand the Japanese or German versions of anime.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:14 pm
The English dub is hilarious. I used to watch it just for the giggles it was so bad.
Setsuna sounds like a forty year old man, its amazing...

Japanese version has decent voice actors in its cast, but that can never rescue just the all together bad quality of the OAV...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Brenli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:57 pm
~Shudders~ The AS OAV is the bane of... like, life. Yes, it's that bad. mad d I seriously think it makes a cheap ploy to get anime watchers to but the manga, considering where the anime leaves off. But I don't really know how effective it is... seeing as I don't know ANYONE that likes the AS OAV...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:18 pm
It's not the worst anime I've seen but at the same time, it's not one that I'd ever consider good.

The biggest failing isn't the voice acting so much as that they stripped down the plot to be entirely a Setsuna/Sara incest story, with all the other early plots pretty much removed. If that wasn't enough, it pretty much ends at the point where the sword is stuck into Setsuna so that his soul can go to hell without his body in an attempt to find Sara. You don't even get to find out how that is resolved.

The only redeeming quality that the Angel Sanctuary OAV is that the art quality is decent enough to be used to make AMVs or screen shotted to make MSN/AIM icons.... pretty pathetic thinking about it.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Kunyue

4,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:35 am
D= Do not EVER Watch a anime in another version than the original!!!!!!!!!! >____< It ALWAYS suck!!!.....(of course there IS some exeptions...) domokun  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games