Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Westboro Baptist Congregation to picket Falwell's funeral

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I love...
  Westboro Baptist Church
  Landover Baptist Church
  The Holy Cathedral of His Noodliness
  A hair doll I keep in a shoebox under my bed
  Nothing more than myself
View Results

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:24 pm
http://www.godhatesamerica.com/ , one of several websites for the outrageously vicious and somewhat scary Westboro Baptist Church announces their plan to picket the funeral of the "the corpulent false prophet Jerry Falwell, who spent his entire life prophesying lies and false doctrines like "God loves everyone".

Yup. They put the quotation mark before the period. Their website is an eye-bleeding inducing rant of horrific web design and maladjusted social "values," but I think this makes clear one thing above all others.

Fundamentalist Christians hate everyone else because they hate themselves and their own kind even more.

We're just the stress-relief valve on their self loathing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:49 pm
Now, let's not confuse Westboro with the other Fundies.

Westboro hates everybody. Fundies just hate almost everybody. There's a difference.

And actually, they crack me up. In fact, I spent two hours last night on youtube watching Westboro clips.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:50 pm
Did you catch the one where that reporter was flirting with and groping the WBer? It was hilarious.

Also, there's a special on them called "The Most Hated Family In America." It's at www.atheistnation.net if anyone's interested.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:17 pm
Theophrastus
Did you catch the one where that reporter was flirting with and groping the WBer? It was hilarious.

Also, there's a special on them called "The Most Hated Family In America." It's at www.atheistnation.net if anyone's interested.

rofl I loved that clip! And then the chick came up and was like "You get away! That's my husband!" I died.

I will check out the one on Atheist Nation.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Satil

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:43 am
I hate those bastards.

They picketed the vicitim's funerals of the Virginia Tech shooting. They picket Iraq soldier's funerals.

So much hate. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:05 am
eek

;eye twitch;

You have got to be kidding me! You're kidding right?

Edit: I wonder if they'll fall through with this one? One bigot picketing the funeral of another bigot. This ought to be interesting.

Sanguvixen

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:10 pm
I bet that when that b*****d Phelps dies, his wife will be waving the "Respect our privacy" card when the families of the dead people picketed by that group start to picket his funeral. That or they just blame his death on gay people or America or whatever the hell they'll hate by that time.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:30 pm
Sanguvixen
eek

;eye twitch;

Edit: I wonder if they'll fall through with this one? One bigot picketing the funeral of another bigot. This ought to be interesting.

Indeed.

Oh no, it's not enough that they attack the families of American soldiers because "their children went off to protect godless fags", now they're turning on one of the core ideas of Christianity its self.

Sort of like watching a snake try and eat its own tail... -.-  

Tenth Speed Writer

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:30 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Sanguvixen
eek

;eye twitch;

Indeed.

Oh no, it's not enough that they attack the families of American soldiers because "their children went off to protect godless fags", now they're turning on one of the core ideas of Christianity its self.

Sort of like watching a snake try and eat its own tail... -.-

I never thought there would exist a religious zealot that I would dislike more than Pat Robertson. However, Fred Phelps fits the bill.

I don't care who it is that died...a funeral is a place for only two purposes, which are to mourn the loss of a life, and to remember the dead for when they were alive, and nobody, absolutely nobody should infringe on that.

To compare him to a snake is to insult the snake. Snakes have done nothing to deserve such an insult! talk2hand

It's like watching a person dig a hole...he'll keep digging and digging, and eventually there will be no way for him to get out. His family won't be able to help him because they are in the hole digging right along with him. wahmbulance

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:08 pm
It really should be interesting to see them preach at the funeral of another jackass.  

Arios V

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:21 am
I hate the WBC and Jerry Falwell. But they shoudent be spewing their hate at his funeral. They just see it as another way to get their message acrosse. That WBC website was scary crying  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:11 pm
I've seen Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly lambast these WBC zealots. They're hated by everyone.

On the note of them picketing funerals, I very highly doubt any jury in the world would convict an angry mob of fifty or so counter-protesters running in and kicking the ever-loving s**t out of them.  

ProjectOmicron88

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff