Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Creativity Blocks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K. Ueno

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:12 am
I'm just curious as to what everyone else does when they get stuck in a creative rut. Anything special you do to get inspiration or get those creative juices flowing?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:32 pm
Personally I listen to some music; either that or do something else to take my mind off of it just for a little while, like staring the wall or standing on my head (not that you should do any of those things).  

vipersting

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:26 pm
Looking at other people's work really inspires me, like on DeviantArt, or surfing around people's portfolios. Jealousy seems to be something that really inspires me sweatdrop There are so many talented people out there, and dammit, I wanna be one of them! So they inspire me to try harder, so I can be great like them.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:42 pm
I pick up a book and read. =3  

Kitsunehime

Darkshrimp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:55 am
i go to deviantart..and look at other ppl's amazing work eek  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:54 pm
Chisa
There are so many talented people out there, and dammit, I wanna be one of them!

Uhhh...I think you're one of those types wink

I get inspiration from a change of scenery. Go jump in a puddle or big vat of spaghetti then brainstorm some stuff. How could you not have some creative juices flowing after that? blaugh  

Hizzahn

jam-wired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:46 pm
Because I'm in school right now, I can't be blocked. It's work, work, work all the time. Over the summer at work when I can't come up with ideas, I'll peruse some books that I've gotten just for that purpose; they showcase work from design firms that is pretty recent. If I'm working on a website, sometimes I'll go to www.coolhomepages.com for layout ideas.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:28 am
I take a nap.... or drink a pepsi... nothing works like caffine and sleep...  

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Naiadrisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:04 am
i sit around and whine alot "boohoo i can't do anything gonk " hehe...

i like to lie in bed and think.

i also keep a dream journal and write down the strange stuff i dreamt up off while i slept. i really had absolutely no idea on what i was going to do for my final integrated design project for school but then i had this dream about some gargantuan machine that kept growing bigger so i used that idea. now my project is going to be a short animation (integrated with some simple video) about industrialisation and the economy 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:12 pm
Chisa
Looking at other people's work really inspires me, like on DeviantArt, or surfing around people's portfolios. Jealousy seems to be something that really inspires me sweatdrop There are so many talented people out there, and dammit, I wanna be one of them! So they inspire me to try harder, so I can be great like them.

Ditto.
But also for me, DeviantArt is as good as walking around outside or going on a drive... or to a Book store.
Books stores really work 3nodding

hello hoshi

6,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:26 pm
I've had a writers block for about a year now sweatdrop I left my story alone for a while but then every so often I would go back and read what I've written down and see if anything new comes up. So basically what I'm saying is that I just leave it alone until something comes to me. heart Now I know how to continue my story but the Faeries have hidden my spiral somewhere sad

Chisa: Your one of the greatest artists I've seen so far ----> I wanna be just like you!!! or atleast as good as you whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:52 pm
I flip through my old sketchbooks and look at all the pictures I keep planning on finishing, but never do... Sometimes it gets the creative juices going again, sometimes it just kick-starts me into finishing some three-year-old picture, but either way works for me.  

Caolfhionn

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff