Reply Ear Piercings
Ich bin ANGRY

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krystal_digitaliS

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:50 am
Ok, you guys all know how i got a vertical industrial?

The bottom part fell out (ball came unscrewed while i was cleaning it), so i went along to Lord of the jewels, a diferent place to where i had it pierced, so they could replace it with a longer and therefore easier to screw in one.
And when i told the girl it was an industrial she went WHAT

turns out my ******** RETARD of a piercer, pierced it at 16g instead of 14g!!!

where the HELL do i find a 16g vertical industrialbar that doesn't contain anything remotely resembling nickel aaaarrrgh

*grumble*  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:27 am
You could either a) stretch it up to a 14(not that big of a jump. Shouldn't really be an issue) or b) find 2 16g barbels to put in each hole until they heal and THEN you can stretch it to a 14. I really don't think you're going to find a 16g barbell anywhere, but you never know.  

popcornsharingbox

April_Ethereal

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:53 am
Check some online shops out. I know for a fact BAF sells 16G barbells in longer lengths. If that fails, you can always have a custom barbell made to whatever length you want. Industrial strength and Anatometal stuff can be ordered through BAF, and for just a Surgical stainless steel barbell with steel ends, it's relatively cheap (The basic Anatometal ones in a 16G are $20) IS and Anatometal stuff are all internally threaded, and I believe both companies use some sort of counter sinking feature on their ends, So basically, the end locks itself in place, so they don't fall off. If you wanted to order something a bit more fancy, like titanium, It's about $37 base price, but it's an investment well worth it.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:45 pm
I would go back to the piercer and have him/her stretch it to a 14 and give you the correct jewelry to go with your newly fixed piercing. If they care at all it will all be done for free or for the minimal price of a jewelry change.

apanda999

Krystal_digitaliS

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:03 am
I love you guys smile

I'm going to ask Dan (my piercer) if he'll fix it up for me, and if he won't (after i badmouth him) I will go and buy myself a custom made one. I'm going to have to save up though, because i want either titanium or white gold.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:38 am
update after a very long time:

i ended up buying my self several very expensive barbells.

when i went to another piercer, they told me that the reason it kept screwing up is that the bottom was pierced so crooked it might as well be stabbing into my head.

so i retired the bottom piercing and now have a lonely helix and am never, ever going back to stingers. ******** A!

i shall have it re done at polymorph or modlab hurr

maaannn am i pissed.

oh well

this all happened a couple months ago.

its pretty well healed up now, but i'm still pissed

thats like $300 down the drain! *sigh*  

Krystal_digitaliS

vafalla

Original Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:18 am
Going back to the size issue:

I had a standard industrial pierce at 14 gauge with stainless steel. I recently decided to switch all my stainless pieces to titanium and in that process resize most my piercings. When I finally got to my industrial, my piercer said that he usually does them at 18 gauge instead of 14 gauge and that most people find the smaller size more comfortable. So I downsized to the 18 gauge from a 14 gauge, and I have to say I love the smaller size. When it was a 14 gauge, about once a month it would get sore when I would sleep on it (it's almost a year old now). I've had it at the smaller size for about 2 months now and it hasn't acted up once.

I also think it looks cuter at a smaller size.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:29 am
vafalla: He pierces industrials at 18g?? Are you sure not 16g?

Krystal_digitaliS: Sucks to have that much money gone, but at least all is well right now.

apanda999

vafalla

Original Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:34 am
jaded: He does them at both, but most of his clients prefer the 18 gauge because it's more comfortable. I know it sounds stupid/crazy, but it's true: smaller size cartilage piercings are more comfortable. You can check him out here or on his IAM page.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:54 am
I know that smaller sized jewelry can be more comfy, but with wire gauges we don't recommend them in places that get tugged on or in cartilage. After a while you can experience tearing, cutting and even migration over time.

apanda999

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff