Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Ken Ham is at it again! Now with added Dinosaurs! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What else was on the ark?
  Goblins
  Kolduns
  Trolls
  Ogres
View Results

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:54 pm
Yahoo News tells us that Ken Ham's Creationist museum will now feature an exhibit with Noah's Ark. Did we mention there would be dinosaurs on said ark?

That's right, despite the ridiculousness of the original ark claim, believing that one of every species of every animal in THE WORLD could be kept still on a boat without eating each other and burying the crew in s**t, he will now, as part of his nearly $30,000,000 museum (that's a million times thirty) state that dinosaurs were also present on the ark.

Makes me wonder where he fit those pokey unicorns.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:58 pm
I heard about this on ED. Thought dinosaurs were supposed to have been extinct by the time of Noah's Ark???  

[fi]ona

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:39 pm
[fi]ona
I heard about this on ED. Thought dinosaurs were supposed to have been extinct by the time of Noah's Ark???

Well, you see, since the Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs in the first place (but does mention Greek and Medieval European myths and gods) I guess they can just insert the dinos anywhere they wish.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:21 am
I wonder if he's putting the unicorns in there. That would be fun. And, maybe a brontosaur couple if he lets his imagintation run more wild than before.  

Death God Hitsugaya

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:32 am
"But wait, wouldn't a T-Rex eat everything on board?"

"No, child, God domesticated it! When it misbehaves Noah hits it over the head with a folded newspaper and squirts it with a water bottle"  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:05 pm
That doesn't make sense, because the layer of Earth that dinosaurs are in took at least sixty-million years to form. And the Earth from their point of view is only seven-thousand years old. That's three digits unaccounted for! And just so you know, according to the Super happy fun time book of bullshit, all annimals were vegitarians before the flood.  

God of lunchboxes

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:07 pm
Reminds me of an Onion headline from a while back: "Creationist Museum Features 5,000 Year-Old T-Rex".  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:13 pm
Ooh... this should prove to be entertaining.  

Arios V

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:07 pm
*sigh* Do they just keep getting increasingly more stupid?  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:30 pm
Jessica Malatori

There is no they. It is just that some individuals are just getting increasingly arrogent in thier claims.

Sanguvixen

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:39 pm
In my Christian home schooled upbringing, I learned many of the Creationist front's arguments against evolution.

Most often cited were the peppered moths (they believed that God foresaw the darkening of native trees as a result of the Industrial Revolution, and that he had pre-planned the dark or light coats of moths to correspond), the concept of circular logic (their example was "evolutionists say the fossils tell us how old the rocks are and the rocks tell us how old the fossils are" - an argument I've never seen used in my life), discrediting of abiogenesis as too complex and mocking examples of fictitious macro evolution.

Interestingly enough, the peppered moths have either code in their genes for dark or light patterns and follow them randomly. And they're migratory. And they also live in places with dark trees.

Creationists say "the Bible is right because God says so. God is right because the Bible says so."

Abiogenesis was too complex for Creationists to grasp, but to them the thought of an immensely complex God making an immensely complex universe with immensely complex inhabitants and then creating photons of light to appear as though they've been coasting through the universe for billions of years seems much more logical.

Recently dethroned poster boy for Creationism, Kent Hovind (link goes to site with facts rather damning to Hovind), had his art team make what he called a ridiculous half-whale half-dog morph that was supposed to show the absurdity of evolutionary theory. Ten years later (as discussed in Ken Miller's ID battle at atheistnation.net) a skeleton was discovered that matched almost exactly Mr. Hovind's image.

Intelligent Design, the new name for the old game of Creationism, is scientifically clueless, asserting claims that are almost 30 years out of date to support their shaky structure. They confuse geology and astronomy for biology and very few of them, with notable exception of Michael Behe, have any advanced scientific, zoological or biological training. Their supposed expertise is based on word of mouth and clumsy logical fallacies.

So to answer your question, dear Jessica, until Creationists start researching what their leaders say, yes, they will become more stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:23 am
Theo research is a sin.  

God of lunchboxes

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:25 pm
Sanguvixen
Jessica Malatori

There is no they. It is just that some individuals are just getting increasingly arrogent in thier claims.

I wasn't generalizing when I said "they". When I said they, I meant the people whom you described.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:06 am
YES!!!11!!!11!!!1 heart

I was working on CNN Headline news at work today, and I came across an article about that. I shared it with my co-workers. We all found the website and LOLed.

You'd think Answers In Genesis would have maybe, being good Christians, used the millions of dollars that went into that museum to feed the hungry instead. You'd think. But, hey, who's really surprised.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:09 pm
Meirelle
YES!!!11!!!11!!!1 heart

I was working on CNN Headline news at work today, and I came across an article about that. I shared it with my co-workers. We all found the website and LOLed.

You'd think Answers In Genesis would have maybe, being good Christians, used the millions of dollars that went into that museum to feel the hungry instead. You'd think. But, hey, who's really surprised.

Good point. The Vatican itself has more gold than Mr. T, and WE'RE supposed to be the ones feeding the hungry? You guys are tax-exempt, YOU feed the hungry with that extra cash.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to donate to a charity cause more often than I do (putting change into those cancer walk-a-thon buckets), but I have my own hungry a** to think about.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff