Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
Exams/Finals/School/Work/Whatever

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:58 pm
Sooo, around this time of the year, some folk will no doubt be finishing with school or college, which means exams (and possibly graduation!) For others, it's just another old turn of the season. So, how're you all doing in that respect? 8D

Moi personellement, I got out of my first year at university at the start of may for exam leave, but had one exam per week - one for each of CompSci systems, Philosophy, English Literature, and Programming. They're all over and done with, so now I'm enjoying the freedom of not having to worry about anything for a few weeks until I begin my driving lessons and looking for a flat to move into nearer my campus.

How 'bout you? |3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:31 am
Around here summer session is about to begin, so many finals are several weeks away (our summer session lasts eight week). I don't give finals though; I find that in the areas I teach they are not very useful to seeing how well the student understands what they have been taught. Instead I usually assign papers or, in anthropology, field work and a group presentation at the end of class.  

Nuadu

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:32 pm
University is so 5 years ago. razz

Well, after almost a year of unemployment, I'm starting a new job on Monday working for IBM (barring any disapprovals up the chain of command...).
☉∊♏

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:23 pm
Aaieee.. AS lefels.
Ten out of the thirteen exams down, the other three on friday, then a week off, so not long to go for me =3

Something tells me it's BBQ season around here.  

Fife`

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:22 am
Joy and rapture, I just got my results back from Year I at university, and-

I passed everything. =D

With Bs and Cs, it seems, but that's pretty decent since I ended up not turning up to lectures during the latter part of the year. >o>

Anyone else got results for... anything? XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:30 pm
yay for you Mitsh.

I dont do school I gaduated HS in 01 and graduated Trade School in 04 yep so I'm done ^_^  

Grey Jedi Knight

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:15 am
I dropped out of high school a couple years ago. I would have graduated in '09.

Working on getting my GED right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 am
I am through with college and working a job that makes me say why did I even go to college in the first place? I am ready for summer though, I want to go out hiking and swimming and play in my garden.  

Underworld Priestess

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:21 pm
Getting my bachelors over the summer. I sort of am rushing through it so I'm not graduating with other people  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:44 pm
I'll be finished in a few weeks - huzzah! - from 3 English classes, a History class and a Psychology class. My favourite at the moment is my Middle English Literature class - Middle English is fun, but it sure makes Shakespeare look like everyday. I know I did well in that class, since marks are all in for it. Just worrying about the essays right now! razz  

Mistreena

Grey Jedi Knight

Lonely Phantom

16,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 pm
It's sad that you dropped out but it's good to see that you are going back to get your GED that will help you alot ^_^

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-
I dropped out of high school a couple years ago. I would have graduated in '09.

Working on getting my GED right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:38 pm
Hah, I ended up dropping out of my university course a couple of years back, but I'm going to another university this year to study Game Design. I'm actually really excited about it, in stark contrast with how I was last time, which was essentially me thinking "Oh god, school for four more years? D8"  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:18 pm
Angel_Asuan
yay for you Mitsh.

I dont do school I gaduated HS in 01 and graduated Trade School in 04 yep so I'm done ^_^

Ha. You're lucky and yet so unlucky. No school, yet bills to pay.

I'm in the high school graduating class of 2011. And then -hopefully- on to a degree in Pharmacy.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
I have a couple of exams right next to each other sad .  

x-G r e e k n e s s-x

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Just Tsuki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:49 am
well..... got a crud load of lovely GCSE exams over May/June but on the good side i'm getting out of my school for sixth form and going to a school whose earned any arrogance they might have biggrin  
The Café (General Chat)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games