Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Psionics, From the start. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atticus Lock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:12 am
Psionics can be broken into three main areas of study (for me anyway).

• Energy Manipulation ~ Constructs
• Physical Manipulation ~ Telekinesis
• Mental Manipulation ~ Telepathy, Empathy, ECT….

They are not listed in any way just to let you know.

Now let’s get down to what I have learned over the past half year. Psions use an energy, force, plasma (whatever you want it to be, I have no idea) called Psi. Now Psi is a very interesting thing, completely controlled by your mind it can be formed into anything that your mind can think of. Constructs are controlled Psi that has been given one very important thing, purpose. Let’s get started with a basic energy exercise, to get ready breath deeply a few times and relax your mind. Now think about what would be easier for you, either visualizing the Psi coming from your body or drawing it from everything around you. If you use the seconded one then remember that you can visualize yourself drawing power from a place you never have been to such as the heart of the mountains surrounded by trees, hell you can even use the moon if you want to. But other then that the next few steps are mostly the same. Now “see” the Psi flowing, draining, surging, whatever into you or through you. Next you need to move the Psi into your hands (or hand) by this time you MIGHT feel something, it can be different for everyone, I feel a slight tingle when I do this but you might feel cold, warm, slimy, and so on. After you have the Psi in your hands see it in your mind as coming out of your palms as whatever you want it to be, some I know use water, and I use blue electricity, but whatever you use go ahead and form it into a ball. One tip I have is to add a much as you can, for example if you use fire as your visual interpretation “hear” the fire crackling.

If you’re reading this then I hope that you read all the other stuff too, if you did and was successful then go ahead and call yourself a Psion.

I hope it's not too confusing and if you all like it I'll try adding a step by step guide on some advanced Constructs.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:47 am
Hi, very interesting post. I might try tonight. I'm at work right now and I think that would seem just a bit weird here LOL.

I've heard of making psi-balls like that before but never tried. I do reiki and I enjoy that a lot. My husband swears it fixed his back lol. I think it's along similar lines.

Also during a science fiction convention I went to a Tai-Chi workshop and the instructor did really cool things with chi energy that you could actually feel. I was very impressed and would love to see more scientific study in this field. Kepp up the posts!

Laura  

PoetStorm

Color of My Energy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:08 am

This is very cool. It's definitely a field that should be delved into. I tried the meditation technique, drawing energy from the mountains out West. To visualize the energy in my hands, I used fog. That made the most sense to me for dense matter from the mountains. Clouds themselves are too light, and Earth is too heavy. Fog, just right. Very effective. If you have any other information you'd like to share, I highly encourage it!

Color

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:52 pm
HI. I am new to this guild though i have been learning magic for about six years. Psiionics i have been using since about the age of five(eleven years ago). ONe technique that I like is Telepathy depending on how you define it. My main skill is seeing emotions, passion, personality traits, and occassional thoughts. Just thought I'd check this out. I usually draw my psi from plames.  

Elfshaman

Alistair_Faust

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:26 pm
actually physical manipulation is called Psychokinesis  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:29 am
Alistair_Faust

Telekinesis and psychokinesis are one and the same - the only difference is the prefix - "tele" meaning "far" or "from a distance" and "psycho" meaning "mind, spirit or soul". Thus, "Moving from a distance" or "Moving via the mind".  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Careening Into Caffeine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 pm
Well, I must say that was one of the coolest things I've done, I'd love to see more put into this!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:53 pm
i tried it and i would just like to varify that i was successful (well at least marginally) at it.

the results were that my hands felt a bit pins and needly and i could feel something pushing against them. a little like when two magnets repel each other.

so if anyone could tell me if i was successful or it was just me being wishful i would greatly appreciate it. biggrin

Just Tsuki

redwolfshadow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:57 pm
I read the same thing on another site, and i've been experimenting with psi for awhile. I can really feel a pressure between my hands, just like magnets repelling eachother. I never felt pins & needles though, I guess its different for everyone. I usually visualize psi as electricity, or fire.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:43 am
A very interesting experiment indeed. I have a request that I hope will not be conveyed as a challenge to your path: do you have an experiment for which the results could not be attributed to tricking the mind? I don't ask because I doubt your validity, only because I doubt my results and would like to be sure I am not convincing myself I feel something.

Thank you for sharing! ^_^

Aegis_Gainsborough

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:26 pm
My mind is too chaotic and excited to actually use psi. It makes me sad sometimes. Which is weird cause even in sorrow I can wander off. It's like my mind has no limit what so ever. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:51 pm
Mitsh
Alistair_Faust

Telekinesis and psychokinesis are one and the same - the only difference is the prefix - "tele" meaning "far" or "from a distance" and "psycho" meaning "mind, spirit or soul". Thus, "Moving from a distance" or "Moving via the mind".
But wouldn't you use psychokinesis since it is the umbrella term?  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:36 pm
Ledon Kester
Mitsh
Alistair_Faust

Telekinesis just denotes that it is movement at a distance; it doesn't imply that the mind is the cause. If we are speaking specifically about movement coming from the mind (and I think we are here) then psychokinesis would be technically correct for all of the "classifications."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:06 pm
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Mitsh
Alistair_Faust

Telekinesis just denotes that it is movement at a distance; it doesn't imply that the mind is the cause. If we are speaking specifically about movement coming from the mind (and I think we are here) then psychokinesis would be technically correct for all of the "classifications."
So Psychokinesis then? XD  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 pm
Ledon Kester
Obscurus
Ledon Kester
Mitsh
Alistair_Faust

So Psychokinesis then? XD

I consider telekinesis and psychokinesis to be interchangeable as people usually know what you're talking about with either if they're familiar with both words. It just depends on how technical you want to get. The parapsychology literature usually uses psychokinesis.  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games