Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Greatest Story Ever Told

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minaberries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Click&Watch

Discuss about what you think  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:02 am
A creepy correlation to be sure. Before books and tv people had the sky and the land. Human history is supposed to be 12,000 years long, much of that in dismally murky oral history. But something that's the same the world over, like the stars above, can definitely make a massive influence on culture stories.

The video shares a lot of facts in common with a video made a few decades ago called The Naked Truth (link hosted at Atheistnation.net). This video, unlike The Naked Truth, is shorter, more succinct, of a better quality and doesn't come off like a conspiracy theory.

All in all, I'm glad you shared this with the group. While I'm not 100% convinced by it, the fact that it is so easy to draw startling links between one mythos and another, and considering that the Zodiac pre-dates organized religion, makes clear that the mystical is given far more credence than it deserves.  

Theophrastus

Redem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:07 am
Part 2 and 3 of their move are the standard "9/11 was done by the government" conspiracy, and "international banking cartel behind all modern wars and is looking to make a one world government where everyone is host to a ID chip and if you dissent they turn off the chip and you drop off the grid" conspiracy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:15 am
Okay, redeem

Never under any circumstances make a summation quotation that long ><

you could of just as easily said "New World Order" conspiracy

I agree though. The video came off as biased. The author was definitely pushing it on the viewer. At least, that is the impression I got.

These are striking ideas. But they are displayed as truthful, 100%, and that is not what free thinking people want. I for one don't want to be hand fed bs from religion and then have a conspiracy nut hand feed me more bs.

But if there is even a drop of truth to it, the message is clear, and not chaotic. Spreading free thinking. We don't have to believe any one idea. But a population of citizens should challenge the government and be active in it.

Conspiracy aside, the truth is we as a whole do care less and less about our very future and more about "that new episode of American Idol"  

Niveous

Redem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:29 am
Niveous
Okay, redeem

Never under any circumstances make a summation quotation that long ><

you could of just as easily said "New World Order" conspiracy

Where's the fun in that? blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:46 pm
Wow I never looked at it that way but when you think about it's true  

SkeletonPhoenix

The Main Discussion Place