Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Some Retribution

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:14 pm
The man who stood over me chuckled as he pulled out his knife; a stilletto, the kind that popped out of the end of the handle.
It's hard to breathe when a bullet has made it's home in your left lung, but somehow I managed for a while.

"The chick who put this out on you told me to tell you something, she said that alleyways are a bad thing to explore at night, officer."

The man leaned down and held the tip over my right eye, I could see the streetlights glow bounce off of the blade.
I heard the pop before I registered what had happened; and then there was pain beyond all reasoning.

I screamed like I was on fire; and with the calm ease of a man petting his cat the man drew the knife across my throat, and then I screamed no more.

I wasn't breathing, I was on something cold, like a table.
I wasn't moving but I could hear someone talking over me.

".... Six foot zero inches, caucasian, male. At this time all forms of identification have proved ineffective. Subject is titled John Doe number one-forty-two. Poor b*****d..."

And then I was awake, staring into the face of a girl who couldn't have been older the Nancy, my seventeen-year-old-daughter.
I screamed, I backed up and slammed my head into a wall.

I could see, and I was naked.

"Hey now, you aren't supposed to do that, 'tsays so in the 'structions." the girl said. She was dressed in what looked like a bathrobe, purple with blue trimmings.

My eyes -dear god I have eyes- flicked over the room. It was a bit on the dark side. Red paint on the walls, dark red carpet that plushed underneath my naked buttocks, band posters on the walls. Two mirrors and a ceiling fan, no windows.

My cop instincts told me that this was trouble, my gut told me that this was trouble, but my mind told me that this was a little too much to handle at the moment.
I fainted.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:33 pm
A continuation I hope.. Because I am deffinetly curious on where you plan to take this. Only one typo though..

"..who couldn't have been older then Nancy.."

You forgot the 'n'.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Voxxx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:48 am
Something about this piece puts me in mind of a horror movie I saw last Tuesday. heart Very suspenseful. Points.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:13 pm
To Tak's comment: it's than and not then, also.

Is this a continuation of that story thing? From like, last year? Or something new?

And do eyeballs really pop when you stab them? And maybe if it wasn't that deep, could you still see, even if it was kinda reddish?  

KirbyVictorious

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:28 pm
@Tak
Thanks for pointing that out.
@Voxx
What movie was it?
@Kirby
Yes.
No.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:25 pm
So wait a second, did he-

Oh ya, there's a second part. *Runs off to read it.* Sounding good so far.  

BlackHawkGS

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Yes to what and no to what?

Aw, damn. I was hoping you could still see. If it was just one eye, I wonder if the other would see red....hrm. But it added drama! gonk  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games