Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Dumb Things You've Heard Said About LotR Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hironaur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:20 am
I stole this idea from the Subforum, though, everyone here probably already knows that.

Everyone has heard someone say something about LotR that just makes you laugh uncontrollably (on the inside or in public), and here you can share your stories, and hear the stories of others. Because even though it may be a little mean to laugh at these people, it sure is funny. Even if you've shared your story before, you can always post it again, and there are always going to be people to continually say dumb things about our sacred books (or movies).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:25 am
My story:

Friday night 3 of my friends and I were watching TTT at my friend's house.
Friend #1: "Aww, Legolas is so hot!"
Friend #2's Sister's: "I know!!"
Friend #1: "Back off, he's mine!"
Friend #2's Sister's Friend: "No way, he's totally mine! Woah, his ears look like Elf ears or something!"
Me and Friend #3 and Friend #2: "He IS an Elf."
Friend #2's Sister's Friend: "Eww, creepy!"  

Hironaur

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:36 am
Wow, I guess everyone likes my topic ideas... sweatdrop

I'll just copy the ones I posted there:

~In the theater after FOTR ended, a woman loudly commented, "That was a horrible ending!" When I told her that there are three books, and FOTR is the first one, she said, "I'm talking about the movies, not the books stupid!"

~In a bookstore before the release of ROTK, a woman picked up a copy of ROTK and remarked, "I can't believe that they have the novelization out already! The movie isn't even out yet!"

~I once had an arguement with someone who was convinced that LOTR was a rip-off of Harry Potter. xp

Luckily, everyone in my family is really into LOTR. We have vicious matches of LOTR Trivial Pursuit.

But once, the question was something like, "what race did Gimli say is mistakenly believed to simply be born out of holes in the ground?" I forget the exact quote, but anyway, my mom, who has read LOTR, The Hobbit, and The Silmarillion, and seen all of the movies, thought for about five minutes before answering, "Hobbits".

Hobbits.
*smacks forehead* stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:44 am
I really haven't heard that many stupid things that I can think of. Except of course people saying that it has no plot -_- And asking whether the little people were midgets trying to take over the world. That one scared me.  

Zurgi

Hironaur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:49 am
Zurgiea
And asking whether the little people were midgets trying to take over the world. That one scared me.

Yes, that would scare me too! :twitch:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:01 pm
Klaark
MAYBEE IT TEH EVIL SORN CONTOLLING HIM!!!11

I'm not sure why, but that really made me laugh. xd  

Khorkalba

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:11 pm
Longbow UK
Klaark

I think it's the combination of the capslock, bad spelling, bad typing, and not knowing what they're talking about...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:36 pm
Longbow UK
Klaark

where did you get that? the old thread?  

Thaxul

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:39 pm
thaxul
Longbow UK
Klaark

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4573144  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:42 pm
Longbow UK
thaxul
Longbow UK
Klaark

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4573144

xp  

Thaxul

zylaxidia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:58 pm
Haha.

Math question from weird Tolkien-freak teacher:
The workers of the Mordor Post office need a ramp in order push packages up to the first floor (x-amoun height off ground). This is because the stairs get cluttered with soot from Mt. Doom. Since the orcs are too stupid to be able to design such a ramp, (rest of problem).

That really creeped me out. So I suppose it's not so much dumb thing as crazy thing. The other one:
*The scene in TTT where the Rohirrim are killing the orcs while Merry and Pippin run*
Fangirl: AHHH!!! ITS LEGOLAS!!!
Fangirl 2: WHERE?!?!?!
Fangirl 1: THERE!! SEE THE BLONDE HAIR!?!?
Me: stressed That's horse hair.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:45 pm
Quote:
The books reminds me of the movie

oh and this only has something to do with LOTR because the word 'eye' was mentioned and it was the first thing that jumped to mind even though I laughed hysterically when it was said by two girls walking down the hallway or one girl asking another completely seriously. I never knew pudding could be choking hazard

Quote:
Does your eye feel cold?

Nolah de Fanel

Nolah de Fanel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:37 am
Someone also said-someone in my family so I will not name them lol-

Quote:
Lord of the Rings-Is that the one with Dumbledore?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:55 pm
Ok, this isn't exactly a dumb thing I've heard said about LOTR, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway. I was on the bus the other day and this girl in front of me had a stereo set and humming along to what she was listening to. I totally cracked up when I realised that she was humming Leonard Nemoy's The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins... blaugh  

Starlit Jewel

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:10 pm
starlit_jewel
Ok, this isn't exactly a dumb thing I've heard said about LOTR, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway. I was on the bus the other day and this girl in front of me had a stereo set and humming along to what she was listening to. I totally cracked up when I realised that she was humming Leonard Nemoy's The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins... blaugh

xd xd xd

That's great! whee  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas