Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
Pedich Edhellen?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Luthien123-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:10 am
The heading asks "do you speak Elvish?" in Sindarin which I am currently learning. Wel, go on, answer it! Or perhaps you speak Quenya. I have decided to first learn Sindarin and then move onto Quenya.
So, PM me,comment or post here if you have any inquiries.
Places I learnt: Arwen-Undomiel.com

I melain Berio le.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:11 am
I'm going to start learning. 3nodding Quenya. Such a lovely language...  

Galadedrid Damodred

Elenyae

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:22 am
There was a time when I learned quite a few phrases....but not any longer. I passed my insane "I LIVE EAT BREATHE LOTR" phase (it lasted for a good 4-5 years, I may add). Maybe one day when I have time, I shall try and learn some again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:07 am
I haven't been over to arwen-undomiel.com in some time; I will check out their Quenya page. Learning a new language (even one that's really only on paper) looks like fun (and a good way to throw my coworkers for a loop when the afternoon meetings get too monotonous).  

Nerienda

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:49 pm
I've started trying to learn Quenya, but so far I haven't had enough time to do more than learn some words and a few phrases.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:16 pm
For awhile my sister and I made an effort to learn Sindarin...but it didn't quite work out. I'll probably try again some other time. :]  

KK.trin

SYFFER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:02 am
A couple of years ago I started to learn both Sindarin and Quenya but quickly lost interest. If you don't use a language often, you start to forget it. That happened to me with two of the languages I speak. If I can't even hold on to fluidity with two international languages, I really don't see any hope for Elvish. Perhaps I will attempt to learn Elvish again one day.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:21 am
Well, I am trying to move ahead but I don't have very much free time left what with all my studies and such. But I am finding it extremely interesting. I thought I should start out with Sindarin as it is a little less obscure but i will eventually find time for some Quenya.  

-Luthien123-

mystifyingbliss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:48 am
I've recently started with Quenya, following the Ardalambion Course. Quenya appeals to me more than Sindarin does, but I'll get to Sindarin eventually. It sucks that Telerin isn't comprehensable enough to study.

I've got the luck that in my native language, pronounciation follows the exact same rules as Tolkien's linguistic works do. That means that whenever I say something Elvish, I immidiately say it right by default. It's quite cool.

-xx- Nika

PS: Dutch would be my native language.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:57 pm

I'd like to learn Sindarin one day, but for now
I'm more interested in learning foreign languages of the real world. :p

Khorkalba

Tindomerel Elenin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:04 pm
I just recently started to focus on Quenya. I use the Council of Elrond website, they have really convenient workbooks that are organized in actual lessons which is pretty cool. I hope I can stick to it.  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games