Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Embryotic Stem Cell Research Vetoed 2nd Time Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:51 am
I just wanted to say HURRAY!!! I am a big fan of Pro-lifers, even in the guild! And I saw that on Fox News the other day and wanted to thank Bush once again for the greatness he's done!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:55 am
Mouse of Water
I just wanted to say HURRAY!!! I am a big fan of Pro-lifers, even in the guild! And I saw that on Fox News the other day and wanted to thank Bush once again for the greatness he's done!

yeah... i agree.... i hate it when people say that embryo's arent really alive  

Dark_Spartan117

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:37 am
Dark_Spartan117
Mouse of Water

yeah... i agree.... i hate it when people say that embryo's arent really alive

Sometimes liberals don't know what they're talking about, like I just learned what it was a few days ago by my great aunt Karen, and she says, well they don't need to fertilize them... I researched it and they do... LIES!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:46 am
As someone who is for the research of stem cells, i find these somewhat offensive. I mean, think of the millions of lives that could be saved if we could develop these methods.  

RenFlower

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:19 pm
Yes but stem cells can also be attained from umbilical cords and fat. there is no reason to kill an innocent life for it. There is no need to kill babies. Some areas of stem cell research could have save my uncle's life because he was a quadrapalegic and even he was against the killing of these children created and killed for the research. I say hurry for myself and on his behalf for this veto.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:57 pm
RenFlower
As someone who is for the research of stem cells, i find these somewhat offensive. I mean, think of the millions of lives that could be saved if we could develop these methods.quote]
saying they arent alive is just a way to make people feel better about destroying them, everyong knows that these embryos become human saying that they arent alive is just ignorance in my opnion... really, there are other ways to develop the methods, they will take longer but they are there

Dark_Spartan117

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:00 pm
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower
As someone who is for the research of stem cells, i find these somewhat offensive. I mean, think of the millions of lives that could be saved if we could develop these methods. Embryos aren't "alive", as they don't show Homeostasis or adaption. Both of these are part of the very definition of life.

saying they arent alive is just a way to make people feel better about destroying them, everyong knows that these embryos become human saying that they arent alive is just ignorance in my opnion... really, there are other ways to develop the methods, they will take longer but they are there

yes! exactly!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:44 am
i definitely agree..there are other ways...they might require more money and research..but they are a better alternative than killing innoccent babies, even if not fully grown yet cry  

allypoohbear

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:23 am
allypoohbear
i definitely agree..there are other ways...they might require more money and research..but they are a better alternative than killing innoccent babies, even if not fully grown yet cry

Amen!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:56 pm
Think about this:
Where is that embryo gonna go?I mean when a baby is born, and cut the chord, they throw it away.WHY?I mean, we could really save people.So save the life, save the chord.  

a really strong box

Winner

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:01 pm
I really haven't developed an opinion on stem-cell research. I'm Pro-Life in regards to abortion, but that's just because I beleive that the current Pro-Choice system violates the Father's Rights to baby.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 pm
Well I wouldn't mind stem cell research if the Dems came out and said what they really wanted from it. They want to grow spines in a dish to implant into each other!  

Kingthor2282

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:03 pm
From what I understand the government isn't preventing embryonic stem cell research, the bills being vetoed just block federal funding from going to it. Nothing I've seen prohibits private funding from going into the matter. So, maybe that scumbag George Soros can stop sending money to loathsome organizations like moveon and start using his money to advance causes he believes in rather than tubthump for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:20 am
Lord Bitememan
From what I understand the government isn't preventing embryonic stem cell research, the bills being vetoed just block federal funding from going to it. Nothing I've seen prohibits private funding from going into the matter. So, maybe that scumbag George Soros can stop sending money to loathsome organizations like moveon and start using his money to advance causes he believes in rather than tubthump for them.

Kingthor2282

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:38 pm
Hey Lord Bitememan, I think we have our first agreement. Move on is a loathsome organization.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff