Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Abortion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stance
  Pro-life
  Only when the mother's life is endangered
  Only during first trimester
  Only during first two trimesters
  Pro-choice
  On the Fence
View Results

RenFlower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:14 am
Debate the subject of abortion here. Put thoughts on the issue, discuss alternative methods (i.e adoption, welfare, ect.) and circumstances when it may become acceptable.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:18 am
Since I always must put my two cents in, I will state my position as Pro-choice. To start this debate off, I have one thing to say to people who are against abortion. It's not your body carrying a life, so it's not really up to you. We should have control over our own body. Thoughts?  

RenFlower

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:23 pm
RenFlower
Since I always must put my two cents in, I will state my position as Pro-choice. To start this debate off, I have one thing to say to people who are against abortion. It's not your body carrying a life, so it's not really up to you. We should have control over our own body. Thoughts?

first of all, its killing someone... second, its not your body anymore, your sharing it with another human being... if you dont want the baby give it for adoption, dont kill it  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:39 pm
Making it illegal won't help. Even when it WAS illegal, people just went to backhand groups, and surgeons. Most of which ended up fatal. Also, teen pregnancy inevidably hinders education, which causes more homelessness, and may put the child in an inadequet home, if they don't put it up for adoption. Also, in some cases it may cause them to be fired or hinder their salary. Dancers are one example of such.  

RenFlower

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:18 pm
RenFlower
Making it illegal won't help. Even when it WAS illegal, people just went to backhand groups, and surgeons. Most of which ended up fatal. Also, teen pregnancy inevidably hinders education, which causes more homelessness, and may put the child in an inadequet home, if they don't put it up for adoption. Also, in some cases it may cause them to be fired or hinder their salary. Dancers are one example of such.

there are these things called condoms and birth control pills, they are pretty amazing when used... if you decide to have sex you should live with the consquences instead of being a little child and saying, "this isnt what i want, so ill just get rid of it"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:19 pm
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower

there are these things called condoms and birth control pills, they are pretty amazing when used... if you decide to have sex you should live with the consquences instead of being a little child and saying, "this isnt what i want, so ill just get rid of it"

Or you could remain abstinent, the way God wants it.  

Kysaara

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:43 am
RenFlower

Well if you want to put it on this playfield, robbing is illegal, so should we just make it legal because people still rob!!! It's there fault they layed in bed...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:43 am
Condoms and birth control pills don't always work! no offense, but anyone who believes that if u don't want a baby, don't have sex, obviously doesn't know the way of the world.  

RenFlower

RenFlower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:01 am
It has been speculated that the legalization of abortion has been the cause of the dramatic drop in crime, due to the lessened amount of unwanted children. Also, i believe that it is not realy a person until self-aware and has temporal awareness forms. Therefore, a fetus is not a person. And as for Mouse's theory, I'm just stating that, since 68000 women die anually from backhand abortions, having it legal would decrease these deaths. Whereas robbing harms the community as a whole, kills, and only benifits the robbers. Abortions on the other hand, SAVE lives, in a physical sense and an emotional sense, seeing as a fetus isn't really a life. In my opinion anyways. I know that alot of people believe that it is a life when ensoulment happens, but does anyone know when that actually happens, or if it really exists?! should we let some unproven and therefore almost certainly fictional aspect stop us from allowing women control over their own body?! Also, if what you say is true, then shouldn't sterilization be illegal too, since it causes that embryo to form? And a fetus causes a person to form?!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:04 am
RenFlower
It has been speculated that the legalization of abortion has been the cause of the dramatic drop in crime, due to the lessened amount of unwanted children. Also, i believe that it is not realy a person until self-aware and has temporal awareness forms. Therefore, a fetus is not a person. And as for Mouse's theory, I'm just stating that, since 68000 women die anually from backhand abortions, having it legal would decrease these deaths. Whereas robbing harms the community as a whole, kills, and only benifits the robbers. Abortions on the other hand, SAVE lives, in a physical sense and an emotional sense, seeing as a fetus isn't really a life. In my opinion anyways. I know that alot of people believe that it is a life when ensoulment happens, but does anyone know when that actually happens, or if it really exists?! should we let some unproven and therefore almost certainly fictional aspect stop us from allowing women control over their own body?! Also, if what you say is true, then shouldn't sterilization be illegal too, since it causes that embryo to form? And a fetus causes a person to form?!

no... women shouldnt have control over their own bodies when another PERSON is sharing that body with them... and i assume for partial birth abortions  

Dark_Spartan117

Kysaara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:46 pm
agreed, while some teen pregnacies are due to rape and such, most are because the teen isn't able to grow up and overcome temptation, which leads to babies. quit engaging in the activity that causes it duh think with your head and don't act soley on emotion, that fetus will become a child, for those that dont believe. Abortion shouldn't be used as a from of birth control like it is now. If your dumb enough to get yourself pregnant that's your own dam fault! Keep it in your pants next time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:22 pm
It's not really a person yet! Next you'll want sterilization illegal! And you haven't addressed my other arguements yet. Can you come up with a decent arguement for them? Not trying to be nasty or anything, though i probably sound it...  

RenFlower

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:36 pm
RenFlower
It's not really a person yet! Next you'll want sterilization illegal! And you haven't addressed my other arguements yet. Can you come up with a decent arguement for them? Not trying to be nasty or anything, though i probably sound it...

well... if its not really a person, then why is it that when a pregnant mother gets killed, the killer is put on trial for 2 murders: the woman and the fetus. So technically, the justice system sees the fetus as human, giving it the HUMAN right to life  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:42 pm
RenFlower
Condoms and birth control pills don't always work! no offense, but anyone who believes that if u don't want a baby, don't have sex, obviously doesn't know the way of the world.

It's because of the loss of morals in todays society that the world is the way it is. What's popular isn't always right, and what's right isn't always popular.  

Kysaara

RenFlower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:29 am
Well, yes that is true. But what if they completely protect themselves but they get pregnant. If they are school age, it would, as i said before, hinder their education and probably cause them to end up either unemployed or financially insecure. Here's another issue though, what if the baby was diagnosed with some kind of birth defect. Such as extreme paralisis or something that could either kill them or cause them alot of suffering? Is an abortion justified then?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff