Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Same-Sex Marriage Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Same-sex Marriage?
Yes for Same-sex Marriage
47%
 47%  [ 18 ]
Religion out of the Gov't Civil Unions for All
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Same-sex Civil Unions are Okay
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

RenFlower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:30 am
Debate same-sex marriage here. Put your thoughts on their rights, and discuss why or why not you believe it should be allowed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:41 am
Now for Ren's Rambles, why I'm pro-same sex marriage heart :

1. They're going to have sex anyways, why not do it holy.

2. Why should people who happen to be attracted to people of the same gender be denied the rights straight people have?

3. Their attractions to each other are biologically and chemically the same as straight people's attractions.

4. Just because their hormone's, or feelings are different doesn't mean they aren't as good as the rest of us.

5. The classic Love is Love, regardless of gender.  

RenFlower

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:21 pm
well... im catholic but i dont see why gays cant have a "civil union" that grant them the rights of married couples... they just cant get married in a church  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:41 pm
Why shouldn't they be allowed to marry in a church like hetereo couples are?  

RenFlower

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:17 pm
RenFlower

because its against the churchs beliefs and there isnt a way to change it, unless god suddenly grows fond of homosexual couples  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:41 am
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower

because its against the churchs beliefs and there isnt a way to change it, unless god suddenly grows fond of homosexual couples

I'm precisely the same way!!! If there was to be some wierd religion that accepted them then they can. Also I don't support it because we could get worse things later (beastiallity, incest, and such); the same thing happened 50years ago with interracial, which I'm completely accepting of, but if we keep demanding rights, more will be demanded, and eventually we'll be anarchist!!!  

The Hallowed Mouse

RenFlower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:08 am
First off, are you insinuating that homosexuals aren't allowed to be christians, and that any religion that accepts them must be wierd? Plus, are you saying that we shouldn't demand rights for people? Doesn't that go against the whole constitution. That people should say what they believe is right? Are you saying that we shouldn't be fighting to end sexism and racism because we shouldn't ask for more rights? Should people not stand up for their rights when they are wrongly treated? If anything, this puts us on the road to a BETTER democracy, where everyone really is treated equal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:00 am
RenFlower
First off, are you insinuating that homosexuals aren't allowed to be christians, and that any religion that accepts them must be wierd? Plus, are you saying that we shouldn't demand rights for people? Doesn't that go against the whole constitution. That people should say what they believe is right? Are you saying that we shouldn't be fighting to end sexism and racism because we shouldn't ask for more rights? Should people not stand up for their rights when they are wrongly treated? If anything, this puts us on the road to a BETTER democracy, where everyone really is treated equal.

well... i guess homosexuals can be catholic but the church sees homosexuality as a sin so they wont be well recieved... and im all for giving gays rights but mouse of water is right... we cant keep giving and giving becuase soon enough ***** will want rights as well and what about people who want to marry their pets?  

Dark_Spartan117

RA-22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:11 pm
Mouse of Water

I'm precisely the same way!!! If there was to be some wierd religion that accepted them then they can. Also I don't support it because we could get worse things later (beastiallity, incest, and such); the same thing happened 50years ago with interracial, which I'm completely accepting of, but if we keep demanding rights, more will be demanded, and eventually we'll be anarchist!!!

I understand your argument that this could lead to things like bestiality and incest. However when you think about it, their are actually legitimate reasons why marriage between a person and animal (an animal can't actually say that it agrees to a marriage) or between a brother and sister (could cause numerous birth defects in the child) should not be allowed. There really is no reason two people of the same sex should not be able to be married and receive the same benefits that a heterosexual couple would.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:40 pm
RenFlower

Homosexual acts are sinful and therefore not right. God intended for a male and a female. Having two of the same is contrary to his design. The whole purpose of sex is having children as well as intimacy and bonding. I'm not saying homosexuals cant be intimate, but it's not going to be the true natural love that a man and women feel. Love is putting the other person's well being above your own, yet there is nothing loving about mutual self-destruction. God hates sin because he loves you. What happens then if you refuse to let go of what destroys you? What happens if you say to the divine and perfect Lover who wants your complete and perfect well being, "I bind myself to my destruction! Accept me and my destruction with me! I refuse to enter heaven except in the company of death! You see, you cannot live in sin without repentance and expect to enter the kingdom of God.  

Kysaara

RenFlower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:14 pm
If god doesn't like homosexuals, then why the hell did he make them? Please don't give me that free-will crap. People have no control over those hormones at all. Is is really a sin to love? A sin to be attracted to someone? If that someone happens to be of the same sex? Don't say Satan did it, either. That would mean that love is evil. And that goes against the whole frickin' bible. obviously i'm an athiest, but i don't mean to piss anyone off.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:25 pm
"The group says the deaths of U.S. soldiers are God’s punishment for a nation that harbors gays and lesbians." ...wow. Apparently THAT was the cause of hurricane katrina, and not air, wind and rain gathering over warm salt water and ending up at New Orleans. Please tell me none of you guys are that stupid!  

RenFlower

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:42 pm
RenFlower
If god doesn't like homosexuals, then why the hell did he make them? Please don't give me that free-will crap. People have no control over those hormones at all. Is is really a sin to love? A sin to be attracted to someone? If that someone happens to be of the same sex? Don't say Satan did it, either. That would mean that love is evil. And that goes against the whole frickin' bible. obviously i'm an athiest, but i don't mean to piss anyone off.

like i said, im for gay rights and civil union between them... but it specifically says in the bible that marriage is between a man and a woman, so god doesnt really think gays should be married in his church... but he never said they were evil  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 pm
RenFlower

God doesn't like the sin of homosexuality, he loves all his children so he hates to see them fall in sin. God doesn't make humans doomed to sin, i believe in free will and the power of choice. ^_^ And just like there is radical islam, there are some radical christianity. That was the motto of the group that was going to protest Jer's funeral, we had a christian biker gang and we made a human wall to protect his funeral so the service could continue...but yeah anyway there are different factions with different beliefs that i'm not going into.  

Kysaara

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces