Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much do you like my artwork?
  So-so...............
View Results

islanzadidrottning

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:10 pm
Hola, fellow artists!

This is Ms. Islanzadi speaking and I've just created a new drawing; yesterday I was bored and couldn't think of an outfit to design so I drew a female with her bare necessities, and also a glass with liquid which was in my kitchen from memory.

I would appreciate it if I received any critique on these drawings.As an artist, I strive to make my drawings as best as they can be, as long as they aren't for school or anything (but that's another story... stare .) Enjoy!

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:49 pm
It's pretty good all and all, except te way she's laying down seems a bit awkward don't u think? there might be a way you can fix that, the feet as well, because a person normally doesn't sleep with their feet like that...but its good....i mean, the body looks great and well drawn...and i think it was you who said that you gave up on faces? well ok, but the head does seem a bit long...so yeah, but like i said like maybe two times, its good...  

4a5dgfad

islanzadidrottning

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:55 am
Do you want me to show you a picture where I drew a face on a body?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:14 pm
This is good. ^w^

It's just that...it looks like she's floating an inch above the bed. o_o; Drawing wrinkles on the pillows where her head lay will help, and same with the bed. =3

And like what the other person said, the feet are strangely positioned. It should stick up straight at us. x_x

But this is really good, and I like it. <3

Tantika

4a5dgfad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:43 am
islanzadidrottning

ahahah why not?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:54 pm
It kind of brings Rigor Mortis to mind, but maybe that's just the atmosphere of a girl with her face covered in hair... figure proportions and shading are good, but she needs a more realistic pose to be believable. Why not check out a magazine to copy a pose, then draw your character on top of that?  

KiyoshiKyokai

islanzadidrottning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:25 am
XxrandumbnessxX
islanzadidrottning

ahahah why not?

I'll draw and scan one this weekend.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:26 am
KiyoshiKyokai
It kind of brings Rigor Mortis to mind, but maybe that's just the atmosphere of a girl with her face covered in hair... figure proportions and shading are good, but she needs a more realistic pose to be believable. Why not check out a magazine to copy a pose, then draw your character on top of that?

Thanx! But your advice will cost you a question.......won't I need a structure in order to get the body proportions exactly right?  

islanzadidrottning

KiyoshiKyokai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:02 am
islanzadidrottning
KiyoshiKyokai

Thanx! But your advice will cost you a question.......won't I need a structure in order to get the body proportions exactly right?

I'm not sure I understand your question. What sort of structure do you mean? You don't really need a pose doll if that's what you're talking about--those are mainly useful for when you need to capture a pose from many angles (like in animation). When doing one-shot illustrations, a simple magazine pose will provide all you need.

Normally when I do a drawing, I start by drawing out the entire skeleton in blue or very soft gray pencil. After this, I widen out the simple stick figure with some thickness and depth, so that it looks like a pose doll. From this point, I start to draw the actual character on top of the model. You might try this technique and see how it works for you, though admittedly different people find differing levels of success with it.

Did that help?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:44 pm
Yes, that does help! Thank you so much!  

islanzadidrottning

KiyoshiKyokai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:20 pm
Thanks for the watch on deviatart, btw. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:07 am
How'd you know it was me?  

islanzadidrottning

azikiel

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:38 pm
you can improve on it more. XD for a start this is good. if you want to focus on human anatomy, then i guess you must study it first.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:58 pm
Yep! I wish I could put my art up but I don't have a scanner stare oh well. maybe ya need to look up on some drawing books thats helped me before! 3nodding  

ChibiAru

xSyrynVx

Married Cutie-Pie

9,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:15 am
Cant quite decide if she is lying down or not as it looks like she's standing infront of a design. Her body seems a little too stiff to be lying down, perhaps a more relaxed pose would help you achieve that.  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games