Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Immigration Amnesty Bill Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ab Aeterno-Ex Deo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:14 pm
What better to talk about than something both political parties hate?!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:20 pm
The Soul of Fire
What better to talk about than something both political parties hate?!

yeah... i cant believe they are debating over it again  

Dark_Spartan117

Ab Aeterno-Ex Deo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Hahahahahahahahahaha  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:35 pm
The immigration laws are very important to me. What becomes of them when the changes will affect my family very deeply. I just hope they change in my favor. It would be devestation to loose my husband and for our son to not have his father here.  

nuwa

Dark_Spartan117

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:26 pm
nuwa
The immigration laws are very important to me. What becomes of them when the changes will affect my family very deeply. I just hope they change in my favor. It would be devestation to loose my husband and for our son to not have his father here.

well... i believe your husband should get to stay... he came to this country legally and now has a family, he respected our country and i believe he deserves citizenship... its the illegals that i want gone  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:15 pm
I live less than 1/4 of a mile from the canadian borader. actually it is about 7 houses away. i can see it from my bed room window and i can't say that i feel exactly safe. Many illegals come in here because it is such and easy border crossing. They all debate about what should be done with the mexican border but i want to know what will be done with canadian border security. I believe that a erson who is here ilegally, if they have a job and if they have a famly here and their spouse and children are american citizens and haven't broken the laws other that immigration laws, then they should be allowed to stay but they must become legal citizens of the US.  

singin4Christ

Kysaara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 pm
I think the best way to stop illegal immigration is to fine the people who hire them, then, with no work, they would not come here. But, if the illegals had to leave, then some American's would be forced to get off their lazy butts and do some work, which they might not be willing to do, so it's not so bad that they are there. Although if they were given the right to vote, they would probably vote for more government programs so our taxes would go up. I'm kinda on the fence on this one...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:34 am
Well I gotz a lot of things to say

1) We should have better protection along the borders, on both sides, and we should also have the other side help, it is after all half there side too!

2) People who come here legally should be allowed to become citizens and we shouldn't break up families

3) Free english classes should be set at the borders to set a 'national' language

4) Illegal immigrants should be deported and we should 'fine' the country they came from because they weren't keeping their people outside the borders legally

5) We should tighten our borders for national security  

The Hallowed Mouse

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:16 pm
Mouse of Water

1) We should have better protection along the borders, on both sides, and we should also have the other side help, it is after all half there side too!

2) People who come here legally should be allowed to become citizens and we shouldn't break up families

3) Free english classes should be set at the borders to set a 'national' language

4) Illegal immigrants should be deported and we should 'fine' the country they came from because they weren't keeping their people outside the borders legally

I can definitely agree with that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:54 am
Good.  

Ab Aeterno-Ex Deo

Kysaara

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:27 am
Mouse of Water

In theory it's great, but all of this costs money, like the free english schools is great, but it would come from the government therefore it would raise our taxes, and if we start fining countries, well most come from Mexico or are latin countries (don't flame please if you think I'm wrong) and we don't need to piss off Mexico, if you remember the Zimmerman note from the Germans well...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:38 pm
My husband was watching the news and said he heard something about the bill not passing. Now if I find out more information tonight I will post it. If not anyone knowing any information would be great.  

nuwa

Kysaara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:56 am
yeah it died, they were saying that it might come back, but that's kinda hard to do  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:12 pm
Yup its all on fox news web site. The bill is definatly dead until after the 2008 elections.  

nuwa

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:19 am
BlueSpartan058
Mouse of Water

In theory it's great, but all of this costs money, like the free english schools is great, but it would come from the government therefore it would raise our taxes, and if we start fining countries, well most come from Mexico or are latin countries (don't flame please if you think I'm wrong) and we don't need to piss off Mexico, if you remember the Zimmerman note from the Germans well...

Oh yes... tis true, then how about we take a bond, and build it putting us in a smaller tax raise, as much as I'm republican sometimes for our nations security taxes should be raised for important stuff like this!!!

The biggest problem with the gate is that people print off illegal passports, and citizenships!!!

Why would I flame you, that's just dumb to do, which is why I made it a rule to not flame people, but groups, organizations and such!  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff