Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
I'm better than you because my music is more emo! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaffinatedInsanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:17 pm
I'm tired of a certain attitude in this forum.
I'm sick of seeing people chewing out people who like bands like FOB, MCR and P!ATD. If people like these bands that are pop but so have some emo elements to them LET THEM ******** BE!
If someone likes Beyonce, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan or even ******** SClub 7 you do NOT have the right to get a big head and a 'better than you' attitude because you're 'more emo.'
I find it ironic, I always hear emo kids complain about how judgemental Preps are and how judgemental the world in general is.
How about you be the change you want to see in the world and stop judging others.
You being an avid fan of The Get Up Kids doesn't make you God, sorry...well, not really.

It doesn't matter if your a musician or not. Being a musician doesn't make your opinion any more valid than the next person.
Your opinion is NOT fact!

(PS: I'm not defending myself here. I do like some of the bands posted but this was mainly to help some people get their head out of their a**)

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:04 pm
i don't like any thing "emo" but these bands just suck, being a musician myself i don't see talent in it  

The Dadalorian
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:40 am
Yeah, I mean I'm a musician myself and I listen to a broad spectrum of music from pop to acid house to deathly death death dark doom metal (it probably exists lol rolleyes ) And I think those bands plain suck I never assume to be better then anyone about their music taste, but when they only defense they can comeup with for why the band don't suck is; "Because they rock..." You start asking questions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:12 am
None of those bands have Emo elements to them. If they go around calling them Emo bands, then I will tell them how wrong they are. I really don't care what other people like, just know what you like before you post.  

Art Payment

Enter My Hatred

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:23 pm
You can't go more emo than the Rites of Spring talk2hand
BUT prize for the greatest emo poetry goes to: FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES!!!

Anyhoo as S.T. said in their most famous song: Just because YOU don't lime it don't mean it ain't no good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 am
Enter My Hatred

Anyhoo as S.T. said in their most famous song: Just because YOU don't lime it don't mean it ain't no good.

I agree on the greatest emo peotry: From Autumn To Ashes is a kick a** band...

But just because the band themselves are not "emo" does not mean that they are not an "emo" band. Take a few minutes and look at some of their lyrics. Fall Out Boy is more considered a pop band...I have to agree that they are not that "emo",
But honestly what is "emo" anymore. Now it's just a fad. Kids are doing it just so they can be cool. What happeed to all the real "emo" kids out there. Take a look around. I recently went to the mall and saw a ton of "preps" walking around wearing "emo" cloths along with their "prep" cloths. Then I went into Hot Topic and saw a bunch of "preps" holding up bondage pants saying they looked cool. Then you go to school or wherever and those same "preps" are saying how bad you look when your wearing the exact same pair of bondage pants they said were cool. Kids these days are just doing this stuff and saying the things they say to be cool. Hell some are even cutting themselves so that they can say that they are "emo" too. It's sick. Our society needs to grow up. People need to learn how to be themselves and stop being clones...  

!HoPlEsSlY_iN_lOvE!

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:41 am
!HoPlEsSlY_iN_lOvE!
Enter My Hatred

I agree on the greatest emo peotry: From Autumn To Ashes is a kick a** band...

But just because the band themselves are not "emo" does not mean that they are not an "emo" band. Take a few minutes and look at some of their lyrics. Fall Out Boy is more considered a pop band...I have to agree that they are not that "emo",
But honestly what is "emo" anymore. Now it's just a fad. Kids are doing it just so they can be cool. What happeed to all the real "emo" kids out there. Take a look around. I recently went to the mall and saw a ton of "preps" walking around wearing "emo" cloths along with their "prep" cloths. Then I went into Hot Topic and saw a bunch of "preps" holding up bondage pants saying they looked cool. Then you go to school or wherever and those same "preps" are saying how bad you look when your wearing the exact same pair of bondage pants they said were cool. Kids these days are just doing this stuff and saying the things they say to be cool. Hell some are even cutting themselves so that they can say that they are "emo" too. It's sick. Our society needs to grow up. People need to learn how to be themselves and stop being clones...

Emo in terms of music = Emotive Hardcore, a genre, that had all the original bands involved pushed out and labeled as Metalcore so whiny teenagers that were too gay for the goths and too depressing for the grunge fans to use to represent how much they suck.

How do I know thats what really happened? Because I was there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:44 am
Enter My Hatred

Your right just because I don't like it, Don't mean its any good.

But when the band can barely play 3 chords, I think its a sure fire sign they suck (FOB). When a band has to try to imitate another more successful band... its a sure fire sign they suck (MCR). When a band, has to fuse electronica in the music, not because it calls for it, but because it adds a plastic depth layer, its a sure fire sign they suck (P!atD).  

Rellik San
Captain

x-Linkin_Park-x11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:55 pm
some bands are good  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:56 pm
im not sure but linkin park and fall out boy is good  

x-Linkin_Park-x11

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 am
x-Hardcore_Emo-x11

No they arent

I'll say this once.
And only once.

Rap Rock is worst then emo and deserves to be thrown into the fiery depts of hell.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:29 pm
DaisukeOrDark
x-Hardcore_Emo-x11

No they arent

I'll say this once.
And only once.

Rap Rock is worst then emo and deserves to be thrown into the fiery depts of hell.

*Smites with a Gibson EB-0*

*ahem*

You mean Rap Rock made AFTER the millennium deserves to be thrown to the fiery depths of hell? Right?  

Rellik San
Captain

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:41 pm
CaffinatedInsanity
I'm tired of a certain attitude in this forum.

Get over it, honey, 'cuz it's not changing.
If you don't like it, fine.
Leave.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:32 pm
Rellik San
DaisukeOrDark
x-Hardcore_Emo-x11

No they arent

I'll say this once.
And only once.

*ahem*

You mean Rap Rock made AFTER the millennium deserves to be thrown to the fiery depths of hell? Right?

aerosmith and run DMC....thats all i got to say.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:42 pm
Rellik San
DaisukeOrDark
x-Hardcore_Emo-x11

No they arent

I'll say this once.
And only once.

*ahem*

I'm refurring to bands such as Lincoln Park.
And Eri.
I love AreoSmith.
That and 80/90 rap.  
Music Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out