Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Wi-Fi Connection
PKMN Wi-Fi PvP/Tournament Idea! Plz Read!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PerfectH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:41 pm
Okay so I picked up PKMN Diamond and Battle Revolution recently, got at least 6 Pokemon level 22 or higher, and when I battle online they have them forced to level 50 of course, but that doesn't seem to matter at all when an opponent has a Mewtwo, a Gengar, and a few other Pokemon I've never even heard of or understand because their names are in Japanese ( O_. ).

I fought 5 battles tonight, and only 1 out of 5 of those battles did I feel that they were close or fair enough. I lost all 5 battles by the way.

Now, before you all start flaming me for ignorance, I realize that this is not Nintendo's fault nor intention, but what I am saying is that maybe we should start a Wi-Fi tournament for each level range? That way we can battle other trainers with Pokemon around the same level and ability thus creating a greater online balance.

Example:

Tournament A : LVL 90-100
Tournament B : LVL 80-89
Tournament C : LVL 70-79
Tournament D : LVL 60-69
Tournament E : LVL 50-59
Tournament F : LVL 40-49
Tournament G: LVL 30-39
Tournament H: LVL 20-29
Tournament I : LVL 10-19

Now if you ever played PvP in World of Warcraft, you know how this is suppose to work, but I was thinking maybe this could either be a weekly arranged tournament or perhaps a monthly arranged tournament, with prizes! Please, please, PLEASE! PM me if you are interested in this idea! If I get enough people interested, I will get this project rolling and have people connected. Also if you familiar with CAL (Cyberathlete Amateur League), I may setup a league such as that as well, with a working website!

Again, this all depends on YOU! PM me on Gaia! PM me on the Wii! PM me on Pokemon BR! I don't care which just let me know if your interested and we'll move from there. Thanks for your input!

My Info:
Nintendo Wii: 8236-0235-2901-7277
Pokemon Battle Revolution: 1933-7719-7777  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:36 pm
i'm already planning on making a Gym System for the cult. once I get more bugs worked out, i'll bring the full story to teh cult.  

Xilo The Odd

PerfectH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:41 pm
~Xiloscent~
i'm already planning on making a Gym System for the cult. once I get more bugs worked out, i'll bring the full story to teh cult.

Excellent.

If you need any help with it just let me know ASAP.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:56 pm
Just my opinion, I don't think you really need separate brackets after level 50, things are pretty even at that point long as you don't have a match with one person using legendaries/ubers and the other using more traditional Pokemon. I think that it would work even to just have a low level bracket for people with Pokemon under level 40, a standard for battles above level 40 with no legendaries or uber Pokemon, and an 'anything goes' bracket above that.  

EccoZelda

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:25 pm
Yes.  
Wi-Fi Connection

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items