Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
July 4th True Meanings/Special Plans

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I say American, You say:
  Freedom!
  Destroy! Rawr! >.<
  Whatever..
View Results

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:53 am
Power To The People?

July 4 serves as a frank invitation to consider the conditions and ideas that launched the promise of America. For over two centuries their dream has served to define freedom for the rest of the world.

Consequently, they established principles guaranteed to ensure government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Over time, clarification after clarification has extended this umbrella to include women, minorities, and the poor.

This sense of inclusion, bolstered by the weight of informed participation, was - and is - critical.

The message is clear: "This is our government; this country belongs to all of us." Indeed, how can freedom crumble when both the idea of liberty and the responsibility for its stewardship reside in the people? How can such a dream be eroded when authority is vested not in a favored few but with the average Joe?

The extraordinary influence of American citizens is guaranteed in the very Constitution that breathed life into this nascent republic when it was struggling to find its feet. However, every time government acts to increase the distance between real power and the people our government is commissioned to serve, we move a little further away from the meaning of July 4.

Taken from the Words of-- Derek Maul

Whats your intake?

-------> Or to make it simple, what do you plan on doing for July 4th to make it special? <--------

Topic Discussion:

+Above+

Plans for July 4th
True Meanings of July 4th
Honoring Veterans
Fireworks!
Etc..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:31 am
I can't believe that its almost July 4th already. D:

My family usually BBQ's for the 4th. I like fireworks, but I wouldn't want to set one off. >> I knew someone who blew her hand off.

Then we usually have a 4th of July cake. =D

[Minako]

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:37 am
[Minako]
I can't believe that its almost July 4th already. D:

My family usually BBQ's for the 4th. I like fireworks, but I wouldn't want to set one off. >> I knew someone who blew her hand off.

Then we usually have a 4th of July cake. =D

She..blew her hand off. o_o'

And yummieh! Cake!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:39 am
im going to the beach to watch fireworksa dn do a little swimming
:]
idk 4th of july i celebrate my independence but then again i just watch fireworks
whats that suppose to mean?
AHAHA  

iamdel305

Aquarian Mage

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:41 am
True Meaning: gaining the freedom we so longed for and becoming a world power <333  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:53 am
Well I am going to catch a flight to Columbus, OH at night. Oh its going to be so great watching the fire works from the sky!! Its going to be awesome.

4th of July basically means America's birthday. Also the freedom we got from England. If back in the day, we didn't declare war, then we would have a Queen ruling us and speak an accent. hehe!

Sakura_Madison

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100

Sahkrit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:01 pm
I don't celebrate 4th of July, but I hope the people who do have a good day
heart

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:32 pm
I'm probably going to go boating and such, maybe a bbq or something... though right now I feel like I might want chinese or something...
♪♥♪

WalkingEpidemic

chaos pandora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:50 pm
○◘ I don't think I have any plans, I like fireworks though! ◘○

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:54 pm
I think we are having a huge BBQ or something..... ninja

I think I'm the only person that doesn't like fireworks.... I don't know, just doesn't interest me.  

Frozen Memories

Cassiexchan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:10 pm
Fireworks. xD; We're ignorant and don't think about how the country started.

I want to shoot the people across the street though. They've already starting to set of fireworks, and it's annoying. They'll wake the baby up... the fireworks are SO LOUD! Why can't they save it for the 4th? ._.; *complains*

But fireworks are pretty. <3 I hope Mom makes something good to eat.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:14 pm
Actually I have plans today.
Cause I live in Canada. xP  

l0st-angelic-demon

MARGAR3T

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:00 pm
My family and my friends family are going out on the boat for the day and at night we are gonna watch the fireworks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:37 pm
My neighborhood starts setting off fireworks in the beginning of June. They usually continue a few days after the 4th of July. It's crazy. I don't think I'll really do anything for 4th of July.

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Enola the Witch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:00 pm
bump  
[MADG]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff