Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
You know what I don't get? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
When people say something like "Jesus loves you."

Shouldn't it be loved?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:19 pm
No... The people that say Jesus loves you believe that Jesus is in heaven watching over you to protect you... That’s why there are so many murders and assaults and rapes and starving children... because Jesus is protecting us... makes perfect sense, don’t it?  

Throwaway243

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:00 am
bluefire243
No... The people that say Jesus loves you believe that Jesus is in heaven watching over you to protect you... That’s why there are so many murders and assaults and rapes and starving children... because Jesus is protecting us... makes perfect sense, don’t it?

Blunt, but true.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:12 pm
Jesus loves me? Aren't Christians supposed to be offended by that?  

ProjectOmicron88

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:08 pm
ProjectOmicron88

They could be if thier god loves them, and non-believers too.

I've never really thought about the saying. It should be "Jesus will love you...if you come to our side."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:45 pm
Sanguvixen
ProjectOmicron88

I've never really thought about the saying. It should be "Jesus will love you...if you come to our side."

Well I meant the fact that another man loves me. Don't get me wrong, it's flattering, I'm just not that kind of guy. razz  

ProjectOmicron88

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:56 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Sanguvixen
ProjectOmicron88

Well I meant the fact that another man loves me. Don't get me wrong, it's flattering, I'm just not that kind of guy. razz

I know you're trying to be funny, but if there was only "one kind of love" then your daddy didn't love you either. Or your grandpa... or any other male in your family and/or friends.

Back to the topic tho. No, it's not wrong. According to their christian beliefs, he came back to life when he resurrected. Thus, the word loves is used correctly. But even tho he came back to life after being dead 3 days he's not a zombie or anything, but far away from us, up in heaven, he sends you his love.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:01 pm
AnonymouZ
ProjectOmicron88
Sanguvixen
ProjectOmicron88

I know you're trying to be funny, but if there was only "one kind of love" then your daddy didn't love you either. Or your grandpa... or any other male in your family and/or friends.

Back to the topic tho. No, it's not wrong. According to their christian beliefs, he came back to life when he resurrected. Thus, the word loves is used correctly. But even tho he came back to life after being dead 3 days he's not a zombie or anything, but far away from us, up in heaven, he sends you his love.

There's platonic love, sure...but that's usually between family and friends, and I never knew Jesus as either.

Then again, he had that whole humanitarian thing going. He loved everybody. Gotta respect a man who can do that with so many people in the world who don't deserve it. I just kinda tune out the whole "son of God" thing.  

ProjectOmicron88

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:32 pm
bluefire243

lol. So true. Can I put that in my sig?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 am
No.

Jesus Christ watches over you. Always.

...even in the shower. stare  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:19 am
Sanguvixen
ProjectOmicron88

No, no. It's "Jesus loves you" until you say or do anything that places you as something other than a blank slate for conversion tactics.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:01 pm
bluefire243

As the pastor told my youth group way back in the day, "those things happen for reason".

...He failed to specify what that reason was, but I'm sure it went along the lines of "God has a plan for everyone" or "God is testing your faith" or something like that.

Fuzzy Kittens

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:58 pm
ZeeFishee
bluefire243

As the pastor told my youth group way back in the day, "those things happen for reason".

...He failed to specify what that reason was, but I'm sure it went along the lines of "God has a plan for everyone" or "God is testing your faith" or something like that.

I would have answered with my standard response, "What kind of faith could I have that an omniscient being wouldn't be able to measure?"

And as far as the whole "divine plan" excuse goes, Hitler had a plan for the Jews, too. A really big plan.

But at least Hitler's torture ended when the Jews died. If Christianity is to be believed, God's roasting them too. Forever. For being Jews.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:15 pm
This is why I like being an atheist sometimes. If there was a god I would hate, curse and screaming at him everyday for everything that goes on in this world. They/it would be insane.  

jkmetal

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:21 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
bluefire243

Blunt, but true.

I'll second that.

Also, I would assume that many of these people don't even know that before the Reformation, God/Jesus did not love them.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff