Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Something I hate about religion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:07 pm
People think scientologists are crazy. People say things like "You think some space monster killed aliens and their souls are inside us? You're a dumbass!" but those same people think every single person is the offspring of just two people and that an elderly man built a boat that could support the weight of two of every animal. I think people should stop bashing scientologists. Don't make fun of somebody for being crazy if you're as ******** crazy as they are! I think scientology is a crappy religion and I think it's okay for me to say that because I don't have religion full of impossible stories. I have reason and logic. But I hate when christians say that crap about scientology. Because of their beliefs I think they have no right to be the judge of what is and isn't a stupid religion.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:30 pm
Scientology is a financial death cult.

But it does sound kind of funny, considering that if it were any older, it would receive no more disrespect than Judaism or Islam.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:59 pm
Some people find it hard to not be hippocrites.

What are you going to do, you know?

Some churchs are run like businesses. I think that Scientology just has the guts to parade around publicly what some church's do quietly.

Use religion for monetary gain. Brain-wash for profit. But...the thing is, remember, not all church's are hippocrites...and not all christians bad-mouth scientology...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:31 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
At least most churches don't sue you if you slander them.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Marki2k7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:06 am
Yeah, I have noticed that.
Christians tend to be hypocrites.
Not all.
But most.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:13 am
Marki2k7
Not all.
But most.

Not even most.
Actually.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Redem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:37 am
Tenth Speed Writer
Marki2k7
Not all.
But most.

Not even most.
Actually.

I've yet to meet one that wouldn't chuckle at the idea of anyone worhipping Thor, yet considers the Christian mythology to be quite likely true.

Although that applies to pretty much every religion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:08 am
There's a reason Scientology does not get as much respect. Christians have the common sense to NOT ignore hundreds of years of psychological research. The only reason Scientologists hate psychology and psychiatry is because half of them are bat-s**t insane.

Also, there's the fact that Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc. get more respect because they were legitimate religions founded in a time when people needed answers to the mysteries of the universe. It's understandable to not want to let go of something that's been ingrained in our society for millenia, but making new religions is, in this day and age, ultimately pointless.  

ProjectOmicron88

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:34 am
Agreed. Totally. I can make fun of Scientologists for believing the universe is trillions of years old, but I also make fun of the Christians for believing the universe is only 6,000 years old, and I think both beliefs are equally ridiculous. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:21 am
Meirelle
Agreed. Totally. I can make fun of Scientologists for believing the universe is trillions of years old, but I also make fun of the Christians for believing the universe is only 6,000 years old, and I think both beliefs are equally ridiculous. 4laugh
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Actually, the young Earth creation belief is more ridiculous because it's off by a greater factor.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:35 pm
Anyone who makes a new religion is forced to answer the implication that every other person in humanity up to that point was wrong and doomed. lolwut?  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games