Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
a question about science and believers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:44 am
Well, scientists tend to not believe what they can't prove with current knowledge, or atleast it seems that way. i am very into science, however i believe in ghosts. a lot. i know someone else in the same situation. last time i checked, science hasn't proved whether ghosts exist or not. what do you think about this?

also, i'm not really christian anymore, but i've always believed in ghosts and the christian religion states that they do not exist (which is completely bull s**t because they DO exist!!!!), for when you die you either go to heaven or hell (which for me, THOSE don't exist. i don't know where the heck you go when you die if you don't become a ghost. most likely you become reancarnated or something). however, many people i know who believe in ghosts are christian! and many christians are into science, which goes against the stories of christianity!

wierd, huh? what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:56 am
animehotaru19
Well, scientists tend to not believe what they can't prove with current knowledge, or atleast it seems that way. i am very into science, however i believe in ghosts. a lot. i know someone else in the same situation. last time i checked, science hasn't proved whether ghosts exist or not. what do you think about this?

See also: Negative Proof fallacy.

animehotaru19
also, i'm not really christian anymore, but i've always believed in ghosts and the christian religion states that they do not exist (which is completely bull s**t because they DO exist!!!!), for when you die you either go to heaven or hell (which for me, THOSE don't exist. i don't know where the heck you go when you die if you don't become a ghost. most likely you become reancarnated or something). however, many people i know who believe in ghosts are christian! and many christians are into science, which goes against the stories of christianity!

wierd, huh? what do you think?

Depends what sect of christianity you're from. The personal beliefs of christians these days seems to be pretty pick-and-choose, which I think is excellenté.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

mikiseiya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:40 pm
I believe in ghost

i got friend and relative who can see them  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:29 am
Well...i think am guessing everyone has their own Supernatural ability/power/etc , even if they think they've grown out of it, or it simply 'went away'. I think that one of the reasons you lose your 'powers' is because of some type of spiritual energy of some sort that maybe kids are full of and tend to lose a little as they get older. The reason i say a little is because i still think people who dont know if they have 'powers' or think they have lost it is because of that lost energy. For those who i guess havent...well i dunno. I'm very uncertain about this guess because i'm Christian and i go to a Christian school and i have to hear this "There's no such thing as paranormal beings, no one can predict the future unless it is a guess, and blahblahblah".Since im so used to hearing that, i dont really know what to think. I believe in God and i love him. And i was reading this thing..:

"On occasion, I get an email or remark from my fellow Christians asking why I choose to condone psychics when it clearly says in the Bible that it is wrong? Let's be honest about something. As we've learned over the past few centuries, the Bible isn't always clear. We don't always know what God is saying. We do our best to follow our hearts and any divine advice we get. My heart tells me that the to there's some good use a psychic can be..."

-Ryan Buell from Paranormal State in the post of Concerning Psychics & Chip Coffey on http://ryansblog.pennstateprs.com/

And that actually said something to me...i also am not very sure about psychics and powers and stuff [though i dare say i believe that everyone, including myself have some], but if these things exist, why on earth would God whom i believe to be the Creator of all things put/create abilities/powers that He Himself may possess on Earth with us? [Forgive me God for questioning you like this!!] And didn't it say in the Bible: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. [John 13:34] and "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," [Matt 5:43-44]. Well what im trying to say is that some Christians dont really like those people who believe they are psychic and stuff. But that would mean they weren't following the Bible. I'm a Christian, and so is my family, and they have nothing against supernatural and paranormal activities and powers. And my beliefs on ghosts and stuff...from my Christian point of view, it think that the spirit [or soul] stays on earth and the soul[or spirit sorry, im forgetful!!] goes to Heaven or...Hell [i'm sorry...i dislike the word and place and that people have to suffer, or actually want to suffer] But in general i do believe that their are such things as ghosts. And i apologize for such a long post, and you're prolly thinking, "Show this post to someone who actually cares", and i really dont care if you dont care about my opinion..i'm fine with it. Oh and anyone who wants to comment about this, feel free to say something.And a message for all my little friends who didnt wanna read my oversized message, here's a warning: There may be more to come. [if you dont get it, figure it out!!]

WhoopThereItIsnt

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff