Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
Paramore Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GirlWithaRoseInHerNee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:01 pm
Anyone? Like 'em? Tell me! Don't? Well, keep that to yourself please!
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:43 am
they are quite good. I can stand to listen to an album or too. but not a favourite.

...but hayley (spelling?) is rather hot! xd yumyum  

x_pyro_pixie_x

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:08 am
Actually I don't care, discussion is made from people of opposing sides, and to be honest I don't like them, the music is played at a barely competent level, the singer's voice is very... almost painfully shrill and the riffs they use are generic and could be found in any 'learn to play' guide. That was opinion.

Its a band who was hired for the gimmick that they are all what? 15-16? So have more appeal to teenagers. They are a very very clever marketing ploy with their current label (EMI I believe) and are being used to cover up that whole Betty Curse fiasco of last year. That was fact.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:09 pm
Rellik San
Actually I don't care, discussion is made from people of opposing sides, and to be honest I don't like them, the music is played at a barely competent level, the singer's voice is very... almost painfully shrill and the riffs they use are generic and could be found in any 'learn to play' guide. That was opinion.

Its a band who was hired for the gimmick that they are all what? 15-16? So have more appeal to teenagers. They are a very very clever marketing ploy with their current label (EMI I believe) and are being used to cover up that whole Betty Curse fiasco of last year. That was fact.

Ok, I'm lost.....Paramore is on Fueled by Ramen. Who is betty curse?  

GirlWithaRoseInHerNee

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:09 am
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San

Oh she was this solo singer, tipped to be the next big thing, I saw loads of adverts, but never heard the song, next thing, she's vanished.

Fuelled by ramen are hardley a small label, looking at their roster, and if you look, they are actually an affiliate of another company, one of the big 3.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:17 am
Rellik San
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San

Oh she was this solo singer, tipped to be the next big thing, I saw loads of adverts, but never heard the song, next thing, she's vanished.

Fuelled by ramen are hardley a small label, looking at their roster, and if you look, they are actually an affiliate of another company, one of the big 3.

ok, still lost. What does this Betty have to do with Paramore? Espically if she was a SOLO singer!  

GirlWithaRoseInHerNee

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:06 pm
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San

ok, still lost. What does this Betty have to do with Paramore? Espically if she was a SOLO singer!

Basically she was a marketing gimmick, an attempt by one of the big 3, to cash in on the emo market by making it acceptable to kids, inventing this character known as Betty Curse, there were adverts for the album, but she never actually got air time. Paramore, were brought on to the label, due to them being female fronted and having high charisma (read jail bait factor). They probably aren't aware of it, but the people in charge of their marketing sure as hell are.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:48 pm
they are OK, I don;t mind them, but my little brother saw their video for Misery Buisness, and now thinks the lead singer girl (I cannot remember her name...oops) is absolutly the hottest chick on earth..
eh.. she is kinda hot o.0

Tibby Lush

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:32 am
Tibby Lush
they are OK, I don;t mind them, but my little brother saw their video for Misery Buisness, and now thinks the lead singer girl (I cannot remember her name...oops) is absolutly the hottest chick on earth..

If you like flat chested boy-ish girls. :/  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:43 pm
Rellik San
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San

Basically she was a marketing gimmick, an attempt by one of the big 3, to cash in on the emo market by making it acceptable to kids, inventing this character known as Betty Curse, there were adverts for the album, but she never actually got air time. Paramore, were brought on to the label, due to them being female fronted and having high charisma (read jail bait factor). They probably aren't aware of it, but the people in charge of their marketing sure as hell are.

ok. Whatever. But if Betty's cd never came out and Paramore's did, then where is the comparison other than the marketing?  

GirlWithaRoseInHerNee

GirlWithaRoseInHerNee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:47 pm
Rellik San
Tibby Lush

ok, Now you have gone TOO far with this critisism.

Man, what have Paramore ever done to you that you loath them this much!? Hayley is NOT by any means a "flat chested boy-ish girl"! Man, do you even know anything about her? Do you know if she's nice? Do you know what she's like? Maybe, you're just jealous! Or even just judgemental, but c'mon!

When you dislike their music, I'll live but when you perposly make fun of the band members, THAT is where I draw the line! So don't. It's not nice, and it's not cool. So whether you think your all tough for saying that, or just...WHATEVER, just..don't!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:57 pm
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San
Tibby Lush

ok, Now you have gone TOO far with this critisism.

Man, what have Paramore ever done to you that you loath them this much!? Hayley is NOT by any means a "flat chested boy-ish girl"! Man, do you even know anything about her? Do you know if she's nice? Do you know what she's like? Maybe, you're just jealous! Or even just judgemental, but c'mon!

When you dislike their music, I'll live but when you perposly make fun of the band members, THAT is where I draw the line! So don't. It's not nice, and it's not cool. So whether you think your all tough for saying that, or just...WHATEVER, just..don't!

I didn't make fun of her, I just pointed out I didn't find her attractive myself, I never once said anything about her personality, I'm sure shes lovely in person. Also, as soon as you become famous to any degree, you become a public figure, open to criticism and parody, unless you become legendary like Dimebag, Lemmy or Bruce Dickinson, Ozzy is now just a parody of himself.

But its the people like you who truly make me hate the bands, when the fans can't take a joke and must defend the bands at all cost, thats when I take the piss, if the thread had been a genuine discussion about Paramore, maybe I would have taken it seriously, but you doomed it in the first post by stating and I quote:
"If you don't like Paramore, don't post."
Its a place where you can discuss things, to not listen too or allow other peoples opinions, there is no discussion, only blind praise.  

Rellik San
Captain

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:58 pm
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San
myxlovexisxchemicalxboy
Rellik San

ok. Whatever. But if Betty's cd never came out and Paramore's did, then where is the comparison other than the marketing?

Saturation advertising and hype prior to the CD's release, which results in a steady decline of popularity instead of a rise, because people get tired of seeing the advert and no longer want the product.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:50 am
I think they're o.k. but thats it.  

whitecrow280

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 pm
I see them as another version on Avril Lavinge(spelling?) and her band....Marketing is silly. Yay for economics! Anyway...I dont enjoy thier music nor do i enjoy seeing all the advertisments plastered everywhere from the internet to the Tv. The lead singer is only "HAWT" because her hair is different from other female pop singers at the moment. Its decent looking i guess but she isnt at all attractive...  
Music Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff