Horizontal! :O

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CandyCaneRazorBlade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:05 am
Okay, I finaly decided to take out my vertical labret
although I really loved it, the woman pierced it crooked and too far back on my lip, so that it didn't show unless I opened my mouth mad
and my self pierced off center labret
because I want a horizontal labret!

I just wanted to ask a few questions before I get it done:

Is there a really high risk of rejection for this piercing?
I heard that if you place it higher up on your lip, it lessens the risk of rejection, is that true?
I also heard that if your lips are too thin, it is harder to pierce.

What gauge would they pierce it at?
They'd use tygon, right?
Will it be harder to buy jewelry for this piercing?
Is it gonna look stupid 'cause they need bigger jewelry to accomodate for swelling?

Has anyone else here had it done?
What does it feel like compared to a normal labret/vertical labret?

Is there anything else I need to know about horizontal lip piercings?

I'm not going to be able to smile for a few days afterwards, am I crying

And oh yeah, I'm not going back to the place I got my vertical labret pierced. I'm going to a place in Worthing that my cousin reccomended, and apparently it's the best one in europe.
Maybe I'll have better luck whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:47 pm
I hope you don't have mean friends who say really funny things to get you to laugh and hurt your lip. xD My friends did that to me when I had my snakebites done because they thought it was funny to put me in pain. D:  

popcornsharingbox

Killu Killaya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:47 am
&&&||tried to save a place for my cuts and my scratches.||tried to overcome my complications and my catches.||
|| nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day... ||&&&

Hehe. I'm assuming it will be PTFE or tygon, yes, you've gotta be able to bend your lips! Most likely at a standard 14ga I would think. I would think that the lessen the risk of rejection, you'd want to place it where you have more tissue on your lips. The risk of rejection is moderate, just think, you move and bend your lips a lot, think of smiling with this piercing. Your mouth moves more than you think, and thus it may be hard to keep it. But go for it! 3nodding
&&&||...tried to save myself, but myself keeps slipping away. ||

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:35 am
Killu Killaya
&&&||tried to save a place for my cuts and my scratches.||tried to overcome my complications and my catches.||
|| nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day... ||&&&

Hehe. I'm assuming it will be PTFE or tygon, yes, you've gotta be able to bend your lips! Most likely at a standard 14ga I would think. I would think that the lessen the risk of rejection, you'd want to place it where you have more tissue on your lips. The risk of rejection is moderate, just think, you move and bend your lips a lot, think of smiling with this piercing. Your mouth moves more than you think, and thus it may be hard to keep it. But go for it! 3nodding
&&&||...tried to save myself, but myself keeps slipping away. ||
=[
I hope smiling isn't so bad, 'cause I'm a smiley person ^^
Ta very much for your help heart whee

@~Eurydice~
That's what I'm afraid they'll do! sweatdrop  

CandyCaneRazorBlade

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers