Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild Announcements - Updated in Dec. 2nd 2006 (IMPORTANT) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:55 am
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Saturday, 2nd of December 2006 (!)

It has been a long time since an update has been made. More than a year! I can hardly believe it...

Well, I have some things to say to all of you.

First, and perhaps a fact that has escaped the notice of some, I have quit Gaia. I posted a Goodbye thread in the LOTR Subforum, but a b***h mod deleted it. Only a few got to see it, and know about my departure, a few months ago. I would have posted something here, but lazy me was too busy wallowing in self-pitty. For that, I apologize.

Second, since Zurgi, our Vice-Captain, has quit as well, I feel that the whole of the leadership of the Guild needs to be changed to more competent hands. Thus, I shall change the Guild ownership to whoever wishes to take it. Any other hands are better than mine. If there is more than one candidate, an election will take place. He or she will have the chance of choosing whoever he or she sees fit for the Crew and Vice-Captain status.

Third, I owe you all an apology. For having neglected this beloved safe-haven for so long. My love for Gaia has died down completely, but not my love for it's users. I have made good friends here, who have contributed to shape me into who I am today. But I simply cannot go on.

Announced by Menegil Belmagol, on the 2nd of December of 2006, 2:46 PM GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 24th of July, 2005

Deciding not to close the Guild for the time being, I've taken the suggestion of some Guild members to perform a re-vamp of the flawed aspects of the Guild. The re-vamp completed, I shall now enumerate some of the most significant changes;

- The number of rules have been decreased and compressed from 21 to 12, increasing functionality and now allowing much more space of maneuver for other types of threads than discussion, which was the Guild's main objective

- The Guild is no longer focused on discussion. It's objectives have been revised carefully and have basically been tossed upside down. Our objectives have changed from pure discussion to an interest-based community, where all share bonds of friendship enforced by the equal liking of Tolkien's works.

- The Request-to-join form has been updated with an improvement to the post layout and the bolding of particularly important information. Confusions are one step closer to extinction.

- The Guild homepage image has been changed. I was thinking of changing it before, but I guess it just dragged along until today. We've scoured the Guild Banners sticky for the spiffiest image to use as a Main Guild Banner, and luckily, Zurgi found one. Unfortunately, I spent thirty minutes reading the entire sticky, seeking out something that could beat Zurgi's pick, to no avail. -.-

Anyways, I most sincerely hope that the change that the Guild has suffered will allow it to prosper. And as it does, I shall keep my eyes on any major Gaia Guild System updates (such as quests soon to come), which are sure to spice things a bit.

Announced by Menegil Belmagol, on the 24th of July of 2005, 1:27 AM GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 12th of July, 2005

After much thinking, I've decided that, if the Guild does not become more active until the end of the month, I'll consider mine and everyone else's effort in maintaining the Guild vain, and will therefore shut it down indefinitely. I've been growing more and more desperate, allowing even other off-topic threads in the Guild, in a failed attempt to increase Guild activity. I've had it. Either the guild becomes more active, or it's doors shall close.

Decisions are not yet taken, but a debate in the off-topic thread should be started, if the Guild members wish to. I will have a conversation with the Guild Crew later on, and see what they think of this. Your opinions count people, so, if you have any ideas about maintaining the guild, please suggest them. My reservoir has run out.

Announced by Menegil Belmagol, on the 12th of July of 2005

Monday, 21rst of March, 2005

From now on, If you wish to create a Contest/Event thread, seek the permission of the Crew Members encharged with Events. No Contest/Event can be posted without said members' approval. If this rule is violated, the infractor's thread will be deleted.

The previously written is according to Rule nº 20 of the Numen󲫠Guild

Announced by Menegil Belmagol, on the 21rst of March of 2005

Tuesday, 28th of December, 2004

Due to current family problems, the death of our neighbour, my Balrog-wanna-be modem (In simple words, my modem burned to ashes. Yay for little siblings...), and my obsession with my new laptop, Neverwinter Nights, and Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth (IT ROCKS!!), I regret to inform my fellow guild members that my ability to login in Gaia has dramatically weakened. I will try to "unocupy" myself as soon as possible.

Longbow UK, as my second in command, stays in charge of the new guild members' admittance.

I will also try to keep up with PMs and X-mas trades, so don't suspect a delayed reply/trade confirming.

Someone move this to the first post as announcement,
Yours Sincerely,

Menegil Belmagol

Sunday, 12 of December of 2004

Here follows the account of the editing of the request-to-join form, and the growth of the Numenorean population.

New information about request-to-join procedures and evaluation has been added. The new procedure should prove to be a bit more efficient than the last one, as it will evaluate with better precision if the user has read the rules or not, thus influencing the accepting score directly.

The population of our small Guild grows steadily, with at least three new members joining each week. An Absence-Roll Call sticky is in a planning stage for the Guild, since there are a few members that joined and never posted again. The Guild Captain pondered, and still ponders, about a no-posting time limit, in which a user must post within a determined range of time, to check if said user is still active or not. The Absence/Roll Call would serve as registry. More information to come (If it will ever come).

Announced by Menegil Belmagol, 12th December of 2004

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:19 am
Mod Obligations - Who will be in charge of what?

Thaxul has suggested in another thread that each crew member should have a separate task. These are the tasks that have been attributed to the crew members;

-Join Requests - Will be taken care of by whoever reads the request first. If issues arise from a request, they are posted here for discussion over whether the person is to be let into the guild.

-Guild Steward - Will take care of internal problems and any issues that arise in the guild if the Guild Captain is away. Zurgi and thaxul will both serve this position, and can consult each other on any issues.

-"Green Mod" the one in charge of problems with members or the guild - All Crew Members. In case of indesision, perform a voting with the other Crew Members. The word of the Guild Captain is final.

-Recruitment, crew member in charge of invitations - Function attributed to all Crew Members. Before invitating a foreign Gaian to the Guild, the Captain must be addressed, and said invitation can only be sent by the consentment of said Captain.

- Event Manager, responsible for the contests and other events related to the Guild - Function attributed to thaxul

-"Purple Mod", the one that will moderate the Guild, delete obscene or otherwise against the rules posts and threads - Function attributed to all Crew Members and Captain

Each crew member should choose one of the above, or mention one that he/she would like to perform. If the Crew Member wishes to, he/she can be attributed with two or more tasks.  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:31 am
I will apply for being in charge of events and such!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:34 am
I personally think it would be a better idea not to assign jobs. At the moment everything gets done. With the varied time-zones amongst mods, most of the time at least one of us is online to moderate the guild, accept any requests (worthy ones), etc.
As for the events task, would it not be better if all of the mods did this? Rather than picking one person to come up with all of the ideas...

I just don't see a point in it really... the guild isn't that large, it's not like we're struggling to manage, is it? ...anyway it's your decision. I don't mind what job I'm assigned. wink  

Khorkalba

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:47 am
I understand what you are saying. And I agree with the idea that all the mods work on the events but what I was thinking when Menegil said that was all the mods will work towards one idea and help each other but lets say that there is an innappropriate person posting such and such and ALL the mods PM that person? I see it as like mods will tell each other of a certain thing and one person will take care of it. Also for the events all the mods will work towards it but the person "assigned" to events will start the thread and type in all the info. the mods have been discussing over instead of "fighting" or discussing later who will do it. You understand what I am saying?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:02 am
I think it would be a good idea to assign jobs now, so, when the guild gets bigger, we will be ready. 3nodding
It will save the hassle of doing it when we have alot of other tasks at hand.  

Thaxul

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:02 am
I guess you're right... but is a "Join requests" / "Recruitment" mod really needed? sweatdrop Surely we can all do that without there being a problem.
Also, what if lets say... the Purple mod isn't online. Do others step in? Do we have multiple Purple mods? ...If that's the case, then as there are only 8 guild mods (average of 3 mods on at one time) we may as well all be purple mods, to ensure that at least one of us will be online all of the time. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:08 am
thaxul
I think it would be a good idea to assign jobs now, so, when the guild gets bigger, we will be ready. 3nodding
It will save the hassle of doing it when we have alot of other tasks at hand.

Is the guild going to get much bigger though? Look at the subforum and how slow that is... take away the fangirls and you have this guild.
Will there ever be a lot of tasks at hand? I doubt anyone who qualifies for this guild will ever break the rules. That is unless I misundestand the intentions of the guild... and that we're planning to open it to anyone, be they literate or not, be they a LOTR fan, or not. Can you see my point?  

Khorkalba

Thaxul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:09 am
those are the things that we should discuss, while the guild is quite small.
to solve the problem of a particular mod not being online, we should have two of each maybe sweatdrop but make sure they are both in seperate timezones. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:19 am
Well, if we have one person assigned to one thing, it doesn't mean that the others can't do it, it would just mean that that person would take charge after a discussion took place. So if we think of an event, the event person would introduce it to the rest of the guild. And we'd probably just all take care of recruitments and make one person a go-to mod if a questionable application comes in. And if there's a problem, the same principle applies. The mods discuss and one of them goes out and takes care of it.

There's my two cents. 3nodding  

curumo

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:23 am
thaxul
to solve the problem of a particular mod not being online, we should have two of each maybe sweatdrop but make sure they are both in seperate timezones. 3nodding

The guild will always be quite small though. Like I said in the above post... think how slow the LOTR subforum is. Now think of that, minus the fangirls and n00bs. I don't know how you see this guild suddenly growing... and I don't see where all of these "problems" are going to arise from. We are all well-behaved here, are we not? wink  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:48 am
Longbow UK
thaxul

The guild will always be quite small though. Like I said in the above post... think how slow the LOTR subforum is. Now think of that, minus the fangirls and n00bs. I don't know how you see this guild suddenly growing... and I don't see where all of these "problems" are going to arise from. We are all well-behaved here, are we not? wink

yeah, you right! xp

curumo made some good points.
*steals her two cents* xd  

Thaxul

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:23 pm
curumo
Well, if we have one person assigned to one thing, it doesn't mean that the others can't do it, it would just mean that that person would take charge after a discussion took place. So if we think of an event, the event person would introduce it to the rest of the guild. And we'd probably just all take care of recruitments and make one person a go-to mod if a questionable application comes in. And if there's a problem, the same principle applies. The mods discuss and one of them goes out and takes care of it.

There's my two cents. 3nodding

Thank you. I was trying to say that in my earlier post I made but I didn't put it very clear. I think that one mod should be in charge of one thing but all the others help out. Like on the events. Everyone helps but only the event mod posts and halfway regulates it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:12 pm
I think it is a good idea in the sense that Curumo and Onoj are saying it, so that there is a mod assigned to a certain task, yet the other mods do still pitch in and help with said task.  

Zurgi

Onoj

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:36 am
So....about them jobs...  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items