:3
View Results

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:04 am
So, you people with big expanders/plugs/tunnels/whatever in your ears, how do you keep them from smelling. I mean what do you "wash" them with, or how do you keep the famous earcheese away from there? Any good tips?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:41 am
I used to* remove my jewelry before showering and set it on a counter for separate cleaning - don't want to lose anything down the drain! I'd wash my face with a washcloth lathered with zest (regular soap) and would wash my ears too, including the lobes. This doesn't really work with new piercings as you don't want to remove the jewelry. Aside, you don't want to scrub your ears raw. I would sandwich my lobe between a fold in the washcloth and use a gentle circular motion - both cleaning and massaging my lobes at once!

After showering, I'd put the plug in the sink's drainage hole, get some antibacterial soap in the palm of my hands, and then, holding the jewelry between my hands, wash. By holding, I'd put my hands together in the "prayer" position and rub both hands around. Basically, just trying to get them clean without harsh scrubbing. Then I'd rinse, making sure nothing fell out of my hands. O-rings would be washed separately in the same manner.

I have heard that organic jewelry (wood and stone mainly) are more porous and are apt to absorb the natural oils/sebum better, therefore naturally alleviating the funk build-up. Such organic jewelry follows a different set of care instructions - usually not to submerge stone and to oil wood every so often.

*Right now, I've removed my jewelry and have closed earlobe piercings.  

Aetherna

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:46 pm
Er... Basic, simple, everyday hygeine?

I take my tunnels (titanium) out before getting in the shower, wash them really good with Dove antimicrobial, dry them. Get in shower, wash my ears really well also with dove, dry my ears really good after I get out of shower and put the tunnels back in.

ANY piercing can develope a smell and such if not cleaned daily. So if you have piercings, its basically the same routine for stretched lobes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:07 pm

i just take them out in the shower and scrub my lobes/jewelry along with everything else.

organic jewelry can help too.

when i had metal rings, basic hygiene didnt quite cut it.
i'd clean my ears in the morning, and they'd be funky before sunset. xp

phallumontis

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:00 am
Same as what everyone else says. I take them out and wash them in the shower, and wood earrings have worked the best for reducing goo and smell.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:35 pm
I just have regular 5/8 black plastic tunnels.

I clean them every day or two. They don't get very messy with these ones. Metal is no good for me, I have to clean those at least once daily.

To clean the plastic ones I just pop them out and wipe them down with a paper towel, same with my ears.

I also take them out in the shower because it's nice to have them out a little everyday, keeps them tight. I keep them out a few hours every day, unless I'm getting ready to gauge.

I want to find a comfortable size so I can start rebuilding an organics collection. Which I find best for my ears.

a random act of violence

Dysphoric Melody
Crew

Aged Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:59 pm
what everyone else has said: regular cleaning, and organic jewelry  
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items