Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
An Exchange Program Between Theist Guilds and GAU? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we have an exchange program?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Eaten By Cheese

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:29 pm
So I've heard people discussing the idea, and I think an exchange program would be great! Perhaps a couple members of this guild could join a Christian guild or something, and a couple members of the Christian guild could join GAU! And there could be a regularly-updated thread in each guild by the members who are participating in the exchange program. Or something like that! What do you think? Should we do it? I think both sides could learn a lot through this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:39 pm
Considering I actually do believe in a higher power, I don't see it as a bad idea. I'd just worry about attacks flying about.  

FlowerOfLife

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:45 pm
hakeber
Considering I actually do believe in a higher power, I don't see it as a bad idea. I'd just worry about attacks flying about.

A neutral mediator would not be a bad idea. Who knows an agnostic??  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:02 pm
ProjectOmicron88
hakeber

A neutral mediator would not be a bad idea. Who knows an agnostic??

I could be a neutral mediator. I'm not agnostic, but I am a sort of Apologist. Sometimes. When I feel like it. Y'know, unless I'm pissed off.
Maybe you should get an agnostic.  

Karla Marx

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:22 pm
You can be an agnostic atheist. :0 I would say I am closer to that if I had to find a term. Agnostic can literally be more about claims to knowledge. Anyways.
I don't think an agnostic is necessarily needed, just someone who can have enough patience to deal with a bunch of people on both sides. :0

I guess whoever is getting this arranged can try to get some guidelines or something agreed on before hand between the groups? First I suppose I should ask, are there guild members running this on their own or did you want Crew to do anything? :0
I give you the GAU blessing if needed to go at it in our Q&A subforum. xD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:20 am
:/ i think this might be playing with fire. i mean if you think about it, if there were anymore Christians that wanted to join this guild they probably would have. and if they were any reason they would want to join an atheist guild, they would have done what i have done and guild search atheist.

same goes for vice versa. i have a feeling this might not be a good idea and the last thing i want to see is any of my brethren who are more of the "converting" type to come in here under a false pretense and start flaming or something.

i dont know.....its up to other people but i think its not a good idea.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:27 am
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Well ********, let's not even try then.

/sarcasm
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Haha, all i have to say to this is "not it!" for the apologist agnostic person. Although if anyone's been in the guild long enough they know this by default. twisted

But i also wanted to say that i agree with the comment of playing with fire. and yeh... that's it.  

AnonymouZ

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:10 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Whenever I see you post, I think of that song "Anonymous" by Bobby Valentino.
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:12 pm
hmmm. Whenever i see YOU post, i remember that awesome movie "Desperado"  

AnonymouZ

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:17 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Oh my god!

That's so kickass!

I just finished watching the Punisher today. There's a dude there who walks into a restaurant where Frank Castle's eating, takes out a guitar, and starts singing a song. Then he tries to kill Castle after he leaves the diner. The difference between El Mariachi and that dude is El Mariachi could get shot a hundred times and still be alive; this guy died from a freaking knife in his throat. How lame is that?
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:21 pm
Hahaha... yeah, i remember that "fight scene." And completely agree with ya. However, if El Mariachi wanted to finish off the ******** punisher... well... i'd say it would be a very long (provided they have "unlimited ammo") and destructive battle.

but back on the topic... i just thought about how agnostics are not that well suited for this either way.... since they can be fierce about the belief that you can't believe nothing... or however that goes.  

AnonymouZ

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:26 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
I also saw Dogma the other day. Chris Rock says that the whole point of Christianity was not a belief system, but a good idea. Ideas are easy to change, but beliefs aren't so. I also love it whenever people say anything analogous to "nothing can be known." That's so self-defeating!
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Okay :0
Well back to the playing with fire worries.

A previous problem we've had was a person who searched for the guild out of 'curiosity' and then end up having their own agenda. Nothing is going to be absolutely predictable. x.x

The topic creator went to another guild without a problem, so they could probably suggest one or two members from that guild to create a similar thread here. I don't think the 'exchange program' should really be much larger than that to start out. :0

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:36 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
I took the liberty of Painting up an official badge:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ni el dinero ni el amor

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas