Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAG-Really Awesome Guild *free contest over 1 mil in Prizes*

Back to Guilds

the ants go marching one-by-one, Hurrah! Hurrah! 

Tags: Cool, Zombies, Music, Friends, Awesome 

Reply "Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."
You are not the father.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adjudicator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:20 pm

In my minds eye, I can picture people, mostly women, sitting at home and getting quite wrapped up in these scenarios. Somehow, in the 7-10 minutes each set of people is brought on the set, the audience is able to form strongly held, vitriolic opinions of virtually every aspect of each individuals character.

Then, as the verdict is passed, the one who guessed incorrectly shakes their head, and smiles ruefully thinking, "No way, I was sure he was the father."

And the one who guessed currently triumphantly proclaims "YEAH! I knew she was a little slut!"

What empty lives these people lead.

-The Adjudicator  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:14 pm
I agree, my friend used to watch them(Lord knows why) and she used to use her "physic" powers to guess which one knew who the dad was and who didnt. When she was wrong she'd go: "Must be a different guy she was thinking of" and she'd sit and scream at the women when they didnt know who the father was...Of course Id be sitting next to her and having my ear screamed off stare but hey, it made her happy ^_^;  

Mythical Chalice

Capta Coco delle Stelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:49 pm
Its funny cause my cousins, my sister, my aunt and gramma, and me would catch stuff like that and just laugh. Its just our way of making fun of rediculous people and thinking them degenerates. Its a bad thing though when my cousin got pregnant oooh two years ago, and her life's like that episode about the dad being in and out of jail.

Its entertainment for some reason. Either someone else is worse off, or its just unrealistically real.

But then you have to realize that s**t isnt real, at least anymore. And if it is, its for the free ticket to whereever and the hotel.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:59 pm
It really doesn't matter who contributed the sperm, because seriously, the most important part about being a father is the stuff you do AFTER conception. Even if a man is not genetically the father, he IS the father if he invests the time, energy, money, and love in raising a child.

That's what parenthood is all about. Just because you spit out a kid or contribute to it doesn't make you a mom or dad. That's why I am very sad for so many "convienience" kids that are planned out like vacations or pets by their parents. It disgusts me.  

Oni no Tenshi

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kingcorrupted

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:03 pm
As the old sayings go "It takes a village to raise a child" or "having a baby does not make you a man." I believe it is up to the parents to be true parents, because if they don't act it, they are just people that are there it isn't the kids fault and no matter how poor the family is, as long as the parents love them and are doing there best the kids will always love them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:30 pm
While I agree that it is up to the those raising the child to be true parents, and it doesn't matter whop the biological parents are; I hate shows like that.

Who's the real father? Take 50 million paternity tests to find out! I can't stand them cuz all I want to do is scream at the TV; "well, if you hadn't slept around you wouldn't have this problem!"

See the thing is, I don't think those people truly care who the father is or who cheated on who and when. I think all that is really cared about is having some dumb story to get them on TV and/or their only reason for wanting to find the real father is to get child support.

I truly believe that people like that should never be parents. Ever.  

Hillbilly Hikari

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100

anya_the_exdeman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:19 am
i like the maury show  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:43 pm
anya_the_exdeman
i like the maury show

I do too. Think what you will, but I watch it when I catch it on. Also it does matter to most single mothers who the father is, whether for personal reasons or child support.  

water_spirit
Vice Captain

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

DerFisch

700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:34 pm
I really only watch those shows for a cheap, quick laugh. Other than that they're pretty much mindless drivel. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:40 am
*runs into wall, gets up and runs away*  

Andi.BR

DerFisch

700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:25 am
Andi.BR
*runs into wall, gets up and runs away*

I did that at 3 a.m. a few nights ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:50 am
Yeah it is a way to get humiliated on t.v.  

kingcorrupted

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

prettypinkprincesspony#2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:24 pm
anya_the_exdeman
i like the maury show

some of his shows are good. My english teachers daughter was in an episode once. It was about women who gave birth in weird places.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:42 pm
prettypinkprincesspony#2
anya_the_exdeman
i like the maury show

some of his shows are good. My english teachers daughter was in an episode once. It was about women who gave birth in weird places.

and i bet your teacher loves telling that story to allll the lil kiddies eek rofl  

Annafu

Fire 0ak
Crew

Buggy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:07 am
f.jellybean
prettypinkprincesspony#2
anya_the_exdeman
i like the maury show

and i bet your teacher loves telling that story to allll the lil kiddies eek rofl
Lol 4laugh  
"Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff