Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Have you ever been beaten senseless for being Atheist? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x Kanetsugu Naoe x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:49 am
About two weeks ago, back in Post Falls Idaho, I was beaten to a bloody mess for saying I was Atheist. I was only asked the question of what religion I was, and I did not say anything to make him (my attacker) mad. Has anyone else had an experience like this?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:14 am
Holland_sof
About two weeks ago, back in Post Falls Idaho, I was beaten to a bloody mess for saying I was Atheist. I was only asked the question of what religion I was, and I did not say anything to make him (my attacker) mad. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

...That's... That is, for lack of a better term, ******** awful.

I have not been beaten up for being an Atheist, but I wish I had been instead of you. I would not wish that discrimination upon anyone else.  

Cirosan

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:32 am
God's love hard at work. That makes me sick.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:00 pm
Not yet. Working on it.

Wait... What? You're pressing charges, right?  

Covered-Up Boxers

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:12 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:11 pm
ProjectOmicron88
God's love hard at work. That makes me sick.

Feeling all that christ love flowing through your fist into an unbeliever's face.

Remember, believing in something DOES give you the right to hurt others as long as you can interpret what it says as telling you that you can. 3nodding

I feel utterly sick.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Arios V

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:59 pm
Yes, many times. sometimes I've been hit with a weapon such as a bat or a 2x4. I find it kinda weird, that they preach love and tolerance of their fellow man and tell everyone "God loves you" and yet when they're beating another person's a** they scream "God hates you, jackass!" or "Go to Hell, Satan Spawn!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:14 pm
I'm sorry, brother.  

Theophrastus

Arios V

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:39 pm
Theophrastus
I'm sorry, brother.

S'ok. It's still horrible no matter who it is. I don't wish for anyone to get beaten into a bloody mess.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:16 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
Sometimes I do.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

PrezarioKaiser

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:34 pm
Can't say I have, you see, I'm 6'7". So when someone confronts me for even so trivial a matter as my religious beliefs and doesn't approve of them, they've got 2 options to work with: brawn and brains. Given my intimidation factor (regardless of how jolly of a giant I am in reality), brawn's out of the question. What's left, brains? Wait, what was the argument again? I rest my case.

Given my physique, I have a hard time putting myself in your position. The best advice I can give is... be huge?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:46 pm
que me gusta lo mejor
You should go around beating up people who beat up people for being different from said beater-upper.
ni el dinero ni el amor

Baron von Turkeypants

PrezarioKaiser

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:55 pm
You make me sound like I should be some kind of superhero... wait, that's brilliant! I could wear a cape, make whoosh noises, and purely for the sake of irony, my weaponry would comprise solely of holy books. What should my name be?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:06 am
PrezarioKaiser
You make me sound like I should be some kind of superhero... wait, that's brilliant! I could wear a cape, make whoosh noises, and purely for the sake of irony, my weaponry would comprise solely of holy books. What should my name be?
He can be the Holy Roller  

Onomatopoeia Man

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:28 am
Bible Thumper (funnier to Brits).  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items