Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Fashion Advice
i think im emo, now what?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rina2008

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:57 am
i guess alot of people think im emo, i didn't even know it untill a frined called me emo then i started reserching what it was and stuff and i realized i've been emo just about my whole life though i didn't know it cause i've been pretty lost. so i now know what emo is, well the basics anyways and i love all of emo style from the hair and guys to music and fashion. i figure that since everyone thinks im emo, along with me i might as well go for it and see if i like it. only problem is i need some help transitioning to emo. i got red hair (which i love) so im not gonna be dying my hair black but i still need help with the fashion adn hair styles. also, my parents don't really like it so i want to kinda slowly transition so i don't freak them out and don't seem like a poser.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:02 am
Emo is music.
Pure and simple  

DaisukeOrDark

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:53 pm
You're talking about becoming stereotypical emo, or scene. That, I can't help you with.
Backing up Dai, emo is a genre of music, emotive hardcore. Going down that road, don't change yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:19 pm
It appears to me that your research is wrong.
You've got the stereotype down.  

zelduhhh

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:30 pm
Just dont become a myspace whore who cuts themselves for attention. Dress however you want to just dont label yourself cuz then your limiting yourself. Life doesnt need limits.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 pm
Rina2008
i guess alot of people think im emo, i didn't even know it untill a frined called me emo then i started reserching what it was and stuff and i realized i've been emo just about my whole life though i didn't know it cause i've been pretty lost. so i now know what emo is, well the basics anyways and i love all of emo style from the hair and guys to music and fashion. i figure that since everyone thinks im emo, along with me i might as well go for it and see if i like it. only problem is i need some help transitioning to emo. i got red hair (which i love) so im not gonna be dying my hair black but i still need help with the fashion adn hair styles. also, my parents don't really like it so i want to kinda slowly transition so i don't freak them out and don't seem like a poser.

I don't want to be mean, but this seems very misguided. I don't think that you should, as Eri said, limit yourself. You shouldn't label yourself/transition in to anything. Being Emo is not "cooler" than being anything else. Emo is a passing fad, it's going to be over in a couple years. What I suggest to you is just be you. It sounds horrifically cliche, but it's so true. You can take things from styles you like, but do not limit yourself. I wear whatever I feel like (Lacoste polo one day, thrift store dress the next) and listen to whatever I feel like (Panic! At The Disco, Of Montreal, Bach, Deerhoof) and it works out fine. I don't know how old you are and if you are still in high school but it seems like you are. One of the biggest things I took away from high school is that all these groups and labels are just plain stupid. Don't become "Emo" just because others say you are. Only you know who you are and you should stick with it.

(Sorry if that was redundant all)  

Esme With Love

Gai4_hacks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:24 am
The emo you're thinking of is the stereotypical definiton of "emo."
As a lot of people have said, emo is a music genre. "Emotive Hardcore Rock."
Don't follow the stereotype. Dress however you want.

Fashion Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games