Reply Pokémon Defenders
Old Card Strategies Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fischer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:40 pm
Before Poke-bodies and Poke-Powers, I was quite good at the card game. I know the term as "Pokemon Power". Anyone else longing for the old cards?
My old card strategy involved the Fossil Aerodactyl/Jungle Pidgeot cards. Aerodactyl's Pokemon Power stopped any evolution cards (after itself) from being played. One of Pidgeot's attacks stripped any Pokemon it hit of all its Evolution cards. Therefore I would evolve Pidgeot, then Aerodactyl, and start wailing on the weak li'l Basic Pokemon! twisted
Yes... It totally PWN3D my friend's Dragon-based deck.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:01 pm
Man, I wish I could learn how to play. crying And even worse, I don't have anyone to play against, no one in my town's interested in Pokemon, and plus I'm isolated from other people.  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:57 pm
Sui Kune
Man, I wish I could learn how to play. crying And even worse, I don't have anyone to play against, no one in my town's interested in Pokemon, and plus I'm isolated from other people.
I feel your pain. sad I'm the only one that I know that still plays Pokemon at my age.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:47 pm
ZeekSlider
Sui Kune
I feel your pain. sad I'm the only one that I know that still plays Pokemon at my age.

Same here. I know like one person that still plays the videogames. But atleast most people are like, 'Hey. If you like it, I don't really give a s**t. I'm not gonna make fun of you for it.' And I don't even have any of the newer cards...Except for the promo Kyroge that came in Nintendo Power. I never really knew how to play the cards...I just collected them.  

Andy1989

Fischer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:50 pm
Sui Kune

I've still got one friend who plays, but he lost his deck. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:23 pm
same here. I bet I'm the only one on my block that even know how to play it. well it a good thing we have places like the pokemon center (in nyc)  

ultraraichu

Fischer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:08 pm
ultraraichu
same here. I bet I'm the only one on my block that even know how to play it. well it a good thing we have places like the pokemon center (in nyc)

You're SO lucky to live near the Pokemon Center.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:20 pm
I have lots of the older cards. I stopped collecting newer ones because I ran out of money for that. I have all I need for good strategy thingys anyway. Well, I used to. I can't play anymore because my brother won't play with me, and I'm too afraid to play with anyone else. crying What if I suck against everyone but my brother?!  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

TheWhitePhoenix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:09 pm
Gosh, I miss the old card games. I just recently picked up a new booster pack (For like...Ruby or somethingrather) and I didn't know half the effects that were described T.T

Ahhh, I miss the good ol' Mr.Mime card.. *sigh* Basis of my old deck, got him, the Gengar trio, and Chansey. I kicked butt =3 Especially against those high powered ones...Good days, good days.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:08 pm
ultraraichu

You live near the Pokemon Center? eek No fair! Do you know if they still sell the giant Suicune plush there? They don't sell it anymore on the site. crying  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

ultraraichu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:21 pm
yep, they should still have it there. If only the pokemon center was in brooklyn, I'll go there everyday. It's hard getting pass all the people in manhatten sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:45 pm
ultraraichu
yep, they should still have it there. If only the pokemon center was in brooklyn, I'll go there everyday. It's hard getting pass all the people in manhatten sweatdrop

You live in Brooklyn? eek I envy you. Eric Stuart was born there. And yay, I must grab one if I ever go to NY. ^^;;  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Greenling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:03 pm
Bah. I always wanted to make a Fossil Gengar/Hypnos deck... I forget what that combo even is now. sweatdrop

Generally I played Rain Dance variants. Those were fun... put out Lapras/Chansey for stall, make a Blastoise, load an Articuno/Dewgong/Gyarados up, slaughter. I also had at least one Golduck-based deck, and I have the plans for a basic Moltres Stall around somewhere.

Hehe, I don't suppose anyone wants to load up Apprentice and play Base-to-Fossil sometime?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:13 pm
ya sweatdrop . the only famous person I meet face to face and talked with was that guy who star as carl winslow (I think that the name) in the show "family matters".
you should also bring your pokemon game that way you can get some rare pokemon. I remembering getting a mew in my yellow version and a jirachi in my sapphire.  

ultraraichu

ultraraichu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:20 pm
I have 2 decks. one is focus on attacking bench pokemon like raichu (base I think) and the next on mult attacks like kangaskhan.

I have Apprentice. I based my deck on the deck I use now, so it's a mix of old and new cards  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff