Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Back-To-School Crafts! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When are you going back to School?
  I'm in school!
  Soon
  1-2 more months
  Never
View Results

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:19 pm
I suppose many of us are either soon or going back to school, but I was wondering how people were going to decorate or make things for school. (Such as making patches for your backpack, making a pencil case, etc.) I'm currently trying to knit "Cute" animal faces to sew onto my backpack, though I'm not much of a sewer. rofl ((How am I going to get that done? sweatdrop ))
Anyway. What are you going to do or make to spice up your School Stuff?

((Please post pictures if your crafts are already finished!))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:51 pm
I'm gonna be cutsie-ing my laptop bag, its pretty fugly at the moment. I don't know how exactly, but we'll see how it goes...

i'm going to make myself a new pencil case, a lunch bag, and maybe a couple other things. 3nodding

Note: The poll... it doesn't have a right answer. Cause yarn is used for knitting, but a shark isn't used for water, and a pen is used for inking (kinda) but not for ink, and a stapler isn't used for staplersing... If it were like... ink to writing, or thread to sewing, or internet connection to posting. something like that... *is too much a GATE student for her own good*  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:18 pm
kochi~mochi
I'm gonna be cutsie-ing my laptop bag, its pretty fugly at the moment. I don't know how exactly, but we'll see how it goes...

i'm going to make myself a new pencil case, a lunch bag, and maybe a couple other things. 3nodding

Note: The poll... it doesn't have a right answer. Cause yarn is used for knitting, but a shark isn't used for water, and a pen is used for inking (kinda) but not for ink, and a stapler isn't used for staplersing... If it were like... ink to writing, or thread to sewing, or internet connection to posting. something like that... *is too much a GATE student for her own good*

Awesome! I want to make a pencil case! whee

Haha, I had no idea what the poll was even about, so I'll change it as soon as I can. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:34 pm
I want to make myself a new book bag, though it will take a lot of knitting because I want to felt it.
I tried to knit one before, but got distracted during the felting process. I remembered and went back to find my big bookbag the size of a clutch... oops.  

anneadeline

bookaholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:10 pm
Hm. I've never done felting before...

I just got a new backpack, so I'll be thinking up ways to make it prettyful... not quite sure HOW yet, but I was thinking of sewing some random strips of fabric on... somehow... backpack fabric being quite thick.

Any suggestions on how I could spruce it up? It's dark grey.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:05 am
I don't have anything planned for back to school. It's not like there's really anyone for me to show off to. rolleyes xp

If anything, I'm just trying to get ideas in mind for any Christmas crafting I want to do this year. It's about time to start planning that out, if I'm going to make any of my gifts.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:19 pm
My daughter bought some fabric boxes at the dollar store for locker storage. They were not a color she likes so she bought some fabric paint and painted them a color more to her liking. They turned out better than I thought they would.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:38 pm
im re sewing up my 'monster bag' but this time im turning his tounge into a pencil case..i will post some pictures when i get my hands on a digital camera ^^  

The Perilous Popsicle

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:25 am
I'm getting my mom to knit a cell phone cozy for school cuz i'm too busy to with work. Also trying to figure how to not carry a clunky huge backpack in college. None of my bags work cuz ehiter there a backpack (ew) or a messenger bag that is too thin (UGH)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:19 am
I knit an iPod holder though it's slightly lopsided. xD

And I have a question for you knitters: I have this synthetic, really soft, super bulky yarn and bamboo 5 (I think) knitting needles. Will that even work or should I go out and buy bigger needles? Why or why not? O:  

KotokoPlum

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:42 am
I don't have the patience or material (I prolly can't afford all the stuff cuz I'm blowing my money on some anime that I wanted that and a few books, lol) to make myself a new bag for school, I'd like to make myself a new messenger bag, but I'm not really sure how to make a good one, that and if I made one and it turned out good, depending on the material I used, would it be allowed in school, and would it tear from all my heavy text books? =__=;; I really hope I don't have to share a locker with that witch they put me with. She's one of the worst people ever.

Anywho, so to revamp my current messenger bag that I bought for like 10 bucks from Target or Walmart, I'm gonna use some of my iron on transfer paper, and I'm going to print out the Pink Floyd logo and below it, the words "We Don't Need No Education" from that one song they sing. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:49 am
My school gives me an amazingly ugly orange and black laptop bag, so I'll be pretty-fying it once I get it in a couple weeks. I have no idea what I'll do with it though. I'll probably end up just drawing on it in sharpie or something. crying  

selenitrope

bookaholic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:26 pm
KotokoPlum

And I have a question for you knitters: I have this synthetic, really soft, super bulky yarn and bamboo 5 (I think) knitting needles. Will that even work or should I go out and buy bigger needles? Why or why not? O:
I'd use bigger needles, because I know from experience that if the needles you use are too small, the holes are REALLY tight and it makes for slow going. Plus, the end result will be really stiff.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:00 pm
bookaholic
KotokoPlum

I'd use bigger needles, because I know from experience that if the needles you use are too small, the holes are REALLY tight and it makes for slow going. Plus, the end result will be really stiff.
Ah, I see. O:  

KotokoPlum

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:56 am
Porcelain Violet
My school gives me an amazingly ugly orange and black laptop bag, so I'll be pretty-fying it once I get it in a couple weeks. I have no idea what I'll do with it though. I'll probably end up just drawing on it in sharpie or something. crying

Hot Topic and patches. I keep meaning to do one or two on my backpack, but since I wont buy a bookbag thats not Eddie Bauer or LandsEnd (the one time I'm a brand name snob) I'm afriad to do anything to it thats going to age before the bag itself does. Those bags last years. I'm in my fourth year of colege, and only my fourth back pack.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff