Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Feeling After Surgery

Lucky Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:11 pm
Kitty 5462

Watching the reactions from his other self made him feel a little more confident. It was nice to think that he wasn't the only one having those sorts of thoughts even given the seriousness of the situation.

"It shouldn't be too hard to come up with a fake name... but it will take some time. And... did you say Rin?" His eyes glinted with interest. "That's the name of my assistant at the lab! Though we've been friends for a lot longer... Wow, she's always kind of been like a sister to me so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised she'd show up somehow in this world too..."

All of this alternate universe stuff was just getting more and more interesting. He couldn't wait to see if she had even close to the same personality.
"So, Len, what is your life like here? That's probably something I'm going to need to know so I can adapt to living with you."
He started up walking again, beginning to feel a little uncomfortable about staying in one place out on the streets for very long.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Len, smiled a little and nodded, happy that they were walking again, and pushing away some of the awkwardness. "That's good then, I'm not really good at that kind of stuff, to be honest, so you should probably be the one to come up with some kind of story, too..." he said, nodding a little. "Yeah, but Rin is really my sister, not just a friend that's like a sister."

Len was quiet for a minute as he thought. Showing up in this world? Wait, did that mean that this wasn't just a coincidence that they looked alike, but because they were from entirely different worlds? That did make sense. Alternate worlds. That explained why they looked alike and had the same name. Well, first name at least.

"Oh, well, it's pretty boring," he said with a shrug. "Going to school, coming home to get ready for my job, going to work, then coming home again... That's pretty much how it goes except for the occasional day off I get." Len shrugged again and looked up at the other Len, or his 'other self'.

Kieramist

Lucky Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:51 pm
Kitty 5462

"Ah. That sounds like a nice kind of life..." Len smiled, looking off into the distance ahead with eyes that told of his nostalgic memories he was having. "I both miss and don't miss school; I kind of prefer being able to make my own discoveries now instead of reading up on other people's findings."
They turned a corner, putting them on a sidewalk to a larger street and heading even further away from their starting point. The sky above them was tinging with a deeper orange glow every few minutes that passed. As pretty as it was, it meant night was coming, and he didn't really care for the street scene at night.

"I guess I can't really tell Rin that I'm some crazy scientist from another world on the run from death, but maybe we can rely on the improbabilities of coincidence? I remember we passed a coffee shop a few blocks back, wanna say we met there and hit it off?" He paused for a moment, twisting up his expression with thought before continuing not a moment later, "My name can be Yuuta Mihashi. It looks like names that sound like that are pretty common around these parts from what I can tell... unless my translation equipment is acting up on me." Len reaches up to tap on a small electronic device inserted deep into his ear to where it wouldn't be noticed unless attention was brought to it. "But it must be working fine seems we seem to be having a decently not-mangled conversation. Hmm...Even though I skipped ahead in school to graduate early I don't know if I can use that excuse effectively here or not..."

He grumbled a little, still trying to finalize everything for himself.
"Hey, can we start heading back to your place? I'll need you to lead the way, of course, but it's just... getting late."

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Len shrugged a little at the others comment on school. "I just find the lectures and the way most of the professors teach to be boring," he admitted. "High school was better..."

With a chuckle, Len shook his head a bit. "Nah, she probably wouldn't believe you. But, that sounds good. We met at that one coffee shop on Main Street. She'd probably believe that." He stopped a few steps after the other Len stopped suddenly. "Yuuta Mihashi. You know, it kind of suits you," he said, with a nod. "Even so, you could have just moved here recently from somewhere else. It's unlikely, but possible."

Len continued to walk, nodding again as he said, "Okay, it's this way, follow me." He stuffed his hands into his pockets as they walked, occasionally stealing a glance at his 'twin'. After a while of walking in silence, Len cleared his throat and said, "Um, so, you came from a... A world that's an alternate world from this one?"

Kieramist

Lucky Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:05 pm
Kitty 5462

"Yeah," He responded at the mention of the 'just moved here' classic lie. "It's not like there's much to be argued. In fact, it's true... in a way."
Len nodded at the command to follow and happily let himself be led in the direction of what would hopefully become his temporary home until he could figure something else out that would work better. Well, that was if he even had to. Maybe Rin wouldn't mind him being there? It was always a possibility.

"Oh, yes, I maybe should have mentioned that detail... I am from a neighboring world to this one. There are an infinite number of different worlds out there, some being more closely related to each-other than others. I happened to live in a world practically parallel to your own, allowing for travel to be possible more easily between the two worlds than with a world that is further away." His glance cast downward, a blush taking over his cheeks. He sometimes got lost in his passionate rambling about theories and physics. Though he hadn't ever been able to openly embrace it about himself, he was a hopeless geek at heart. "But uh, sorry for the science lecture there... I'm trying to tone it down, but, this is all kind of as new and exciting for me as it is bizarre to you."

He sighed, feeling a sudden weight like lead sink in his stomach. "Actually, they'd had doubts that travel like what the men following me and I pulled off was even possible, so they didn't bother to send me with luggage and necessary survival gear. I suppose I'll have to find a way to make money and acquire new clothes." He loosened his tie after having become suddenly aware of the fact that it had been starting to make him feel lightheaded.
Even with all of the questions and problems the future gave him, he still preferred those uncertainties to the alternative of death during transport.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Len shrugged and smiled. "Yeah, you haven't exactly been here your whole life. Or else we would've noticed you before." With a soft chuckle, he listened to the other Len speaking about other worlds, travel, and parallel worlds. The smile that he'd shown earlier came back as he nodded occasionally. Why can't the professor's speak like this and be interesting like him? Len thought, just as the others interesting lecture came to a sudden end.

"No, no," he said, shaking his head a bit, the smile still on his lips. "It's fine. I was just think that if my college professor's would speak like that, I'd probably enjoy the lectures more. But, you're right, this is really bizarre for me... I think we'll grow out of it after a while." Len smiled encouragingly and patted the other boy's shoulder.

After hearing the comment about not having, pretty much, the basic needs of survival, Len eyed the other up and down. "Well," he began, shrugging a bit, "we have the same build and everything, so you could borrow some of my clothes for a while until we get you some new ones. And don't worry about getting a job yet. We should wait and see how things turn out." Len glanced to his side for a second, then went back to watching what was in front of him, whistling softly, a habit he'd had since he learned to whistle. "We're just about there, just a few more blocks," he said, then went back to whistling softly.

Kieramist

Lucky Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:01 pm
Kitty 5462

Things were looking up for him as he was reassured by his alternate self that the two of them would grow out of the awkwardness. And really, if he were to analyze the statement, it held so much meaning and promise: they would be spending more time together in the future, they would get along enough to overcome the awkwardness they were facing with certain things now, and with a pat on the back to show that this Len wasn't uncomfortable with the thought of being close and open.

Heck, this Len was even willing to lend him clothes until he could manage to get some of his own.
"Yeah, I guess we do have the same body size, afterall.... Thanks! I'd feel bad mooching off of you for too long, but I do have a first job I have to worry about before I can think of finding a temporary one."
Right, his job. Guarding the information came first, then fitting in smoothly into this new world he found himself in. Len had almost lost the feeling of insecurity that he should be feeling being trapped away from home with no way of going back on the run from people trying to kill him.
But... having this alternate self around was making him more comfortable. It wouldn't be so bad assuming the role of Yuuta, Len's new friend.
It especially wouldn't be bad getting to stay so close to him.

Len nodded at the remark that it would be just a few more blocks of walking before they reached the Kagamine household, letting himself be soothed from his sudden surge of discomfort and panic moments before by the sound of soft whistling ahead of him.
"Thanks, Len." He finally said after passing about two more blocks with nothing but the world around them and whistles making the sounds in the air. "For all of this. For everything, really."

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Len shrugged and murmured a soft, "Don't worry about it." There was a relaxed smile on his lips as they went, the comfortable feel making it seem as if nothing could go wrong, or that anything was different. Mentally, Len reminded himself to call the alternate him Yuuta. Yuuta Mihashi. Yuuta Mihashi. Yuuta. My new friend that I met at the coffee shop, he thought, wondering how he'd say this to Rin. Eh, we'll think of a way to do this.

Len, no, Yuuta's voice snapped Len out of his thinking. A light blush spread across his cheeks. He wasn't exactly used to being thanked this much, or really at all. "Like I said, don't worry about it. You're my new friend. Friends help each other out, don't they?" Len said, glancing to his side at the other male. "But, anyways, we're here."

The two stopped in front of a small, comfortable looking house. The front view showed two long windows, the curtains drawn back on each of the windows. There was also a black door, which stuck out a bit compared to the light blue-grey color of the house. Len stared at the house for a second before he went ahead and opened the gate and allowed the other Len to pass, then shut the gate behind them.

"Let's hope she buys all of this..." Len murmured as he walked up to the door, unlocked it, and went inside. "Rin! I'm home!" he called as he took off his shoes and set them by the door, signalling "Yuuta" to do the same. Moments later, a slightly shorter blond girl, similar looking to the both of them, appeared at the entrance, a look of shock on her face. "L-len? Were you cloned?" she asked, too shocked to do anything other than stare.

Kieramist

Lucky Explorer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:58 am
Kitty 5462

Len was just going to have to try and get over the fact that he thought this alternate self was really cute when he blushed. Thoughts like this were popping up so often at this point that he'd just have to live with the fact that it was possible to be attracted to someone who looks exactly like you.
Plus, he was nice...

His thoughts were thankfully interrupted when they stopped in front of the humble little home. It looked cozy, and it made Len even happier that he'd run into Len. Well, now he was just confusing himself. He'd have to start referring to himself as Yuuta now anyways, so it was a good a time as any to start.
He followed Len into the house feeling a little nervous about meeting his sister but relaxed overall. Noticing Len taking off his shoes he kicked his own off and place them by Len's at the door.
When he looked back up, his eyes were met with the sight of an astonished young woman with short blonde hair that looked identical to his assistant and friend in the world he'd come from. It took him a little bit of restraint to hold in a snicker at her expression, but instead he managed to convert that humor into a warm smile in greeting.
"I had to wonder similar, but as far as I know science still hasn't figured out how to clone people successfully." He held out a hand, assuming that handshakes were something that were done here. He thought he'd seen a few people do it and that it wasn't something that would make him stick out like a foreigner. "I'm Yuuta Mihashi, sorta new around here. It's a pleasure to meet you!"

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:46 pm

A look of slight relief passed over Rin's face as soon as he said that. "Oh, good... I was worried that you were being a lab rat..." she said, sighing softly. Rin took the mans hand and shook it slightly, a kind smile appearing as she did so. "My name's Rin Kagamine. I'm Len's sister. It's nice to meet you, Yuuta." Rin turned and motioned for them to come into the living room.

"So, where are you from, Yuuta?" she asked, offering him the chair that sat adjacent to the couch. "And what brings you here?" Rin moved to the couch, glancing momentarily at Len as he took a seat on the opposite end of the couch.

Len looked over at Yuuta, curious as to what story he'd make up. Hopefully, it would be a good, convincing one. That way, Rin wouldn't pester him about it later. And, the way Rin was with things she really wanted to know about, he knew that she'd continue to pester and bother him until she was satisfied with what she got out of him, which was usually almost every single detail.

Kieramist

Lucky Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:53 am
Kitty 5462

'Yuuta' followed Rin into the living room with a smile, surprised at how well this was going so far.
"I'm from out west, actually." He said simply, taking a seat in the chair that was offered to him. He knew that if he put too much effort putting in all the details right from the start, it would seem suspicious. "I'm here looking for work, actually. My old job was going to relocate me but then things fell through..." There was still truth there... somewhat. "I didn't think things could get worse until I realized they'd managed to lose my luggage so now I'm here in a city I don't know with... well, basically nothing." Len sighed, feeling the hopelessness of that situation in his reality. "Which is why I'm really grateful that I ran into Len. I really appreciate the hospitality."
If she was going to ask more, he'd elaborate then, but hopefully it had all come out sounding natural enough to be believable.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Rin listened carefully, nodding a bit ever once in a while. Once Len was finished speaking, she frowned a bit. "I'm sorry that that happened to you, but I suppose we could let you stay here until you can get things settled. I'm sure Len's okay with this, right?" Rin asked, then smiled when she received a nod. "Len, go show him where he's going to be staying, then. Oh, and it your turn to cook tonight."

Len sighed softly and stood up. "Okay, come on," he said, then headed for the hallway. "That one's my room, and that one's Rin's," he said, pointing to the first door on the left, then to the first door on the right. "You'll be staying in the guest room." Len opened the door to the room, which had a queen size bed, a side table, closet, and desk.

"So, do you want to stay in here and get used to your new room?" Len asked, stepping aside to let 'Yuuta' into the room. "I can come get you when dinner's done, then show you the rest of the house," he suggested, looking at the other as he waited for an answer.

Kieramist

1x1 RPs (Yaoi or Yuri)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces