- "Bye Mom, I'm heading to school!" I call through the door. I then step outside into the crisp November air. Most of the leaves were fallen and on the ground. I take in the aroma of the moment, wishing school weren't there to ruin my day. I smiled, and adjusted my heavy book bag around on my back. Just as I take one step, a streak of pure midnight black darts in front of me. "Cricket!" I scream. I stare down at the sweet little cat sitting before me, waiting for a snack or an ear rub. Even though she's a black cat, she is totally not bad luck. "Sorry Crick, no tuna today!" I say. In response, Cricket stretches her mouth wide open and meows as if saying "Gimme some food!" I laugh. "Maybe tonight Cricket," I say, and I walk down the walkway that leads to our house, to the street. To my surprise, Cricket follows me. I frown. Thats strange. Cricket never strays far away from our street. I shrug it of, just glad to have someone to walk with. We walk in silence. I watch Cricket scamper into bushes from time to time, chasing something unseen. About a block away from school, Cricket pounces into the bushes yet again. I keep walking, waiting for her to follow. When she doesn't come out, I get worried. I stop walking. I frown. i wait for a while. I sigh. If I wait any longer, I would be late for school. Finally, my impatience overwhelms me. I go to the bushes where I had seen her. "Cricket?" I lightly call. No answer. "Cricket?" I call again, louder this time. This time, I hear a distance sound. It sounded like Cricket's distress meow. I've been around her long enough to tell apart her sounds. "Cricket!" I cry, and I start running to where I thought she was. "Cricket!" I yell out again. I was getting scared. Cricket was my best friend when times got tough. I helped her when she was having kittens. It seemed weird, but I loved Cricket. I would never let anything happen to her. I keep hearing her meow. I start crying. What's ahppening to her? Will I get there in time? Finally, I come to a clearing. Cricket is standing at the other end. "Cricket!" I cry, and run across the field to her. For some reason, Cricket runs deeper into the forest. I chase her. I'm panting. I've never run this fast before. I must've been a long way from the sidewalk. I could see Cricket's tail flashing just ahead of me. "Cricket, where are you going?" I ask her, still running. Cricket leads me deeper into the forest. The trees become thicker, blocking anymore sun to come through. I keep following my Cricket. Finally, when I've just about had enough, Cricket stops in the middle of another field, but this one was bigger, and more magnifiecient. I can't believe my eyes! Sun streams down from the pure blue sky, illuminating everything. A fountain bubbles and gurgles in the center of the meadow. Although I can't see anyone, I sense their presence. I take a step into the lush green grass. Where I step, flowers spring up. I pull back my foot in shock, and just as quickly as they appeared, the flowers receded into the ground. Everything is beautiful, and wonderful, and fabulous. I could sense nothing ever went wrong here. On the wind, I hear little giggles, as if the little spirits were talking to me. Join us, they whispered. Be with us forever, another voice said. I smile. I will be with them. I would've never gotten here without Cricket's help. I step onto the grass yet agin. Excited, I run across the field, flowers springing up and disappearing wherever I step. Slowly, I could feel my human presence fade away. I was becoming a spirit like the voices. Finally, when I'm finished running, I notice Cricket is still here. I quietly walk over. I realize I am no longer human; I have changed into one of them. I smile down at the black cat. "Thanks Cricket. Thanks for bringing me here. My life is better now," I say. To my surprise, Cricket smiles back. "As you wished it to be," she replied. And my Cricket, my beautiful, wonderful Cricket, slipped back into the forest, never to be seen by my eye again.
- by thecreativequeenoverlord |
- | Submitted on 02/03/2010 |
- Title: Thanks, Cricket!
- Artist: thecreativequeenoverlord
- Description: Based on a real sweet kittie named Cricket :3 She is so awesome! Even if Cricket isn't my cat, I still love her! She comes to my house from time to time, 'cuz she's an outdoor kitty! Okay, this came to me today. If only my life were this way! :D
- Date: 02/03/2010
- Tags: cricket
- Report Post
Comments (0 Comments)
No comments available ...